1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

New Faction/Company

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by ABambooBilbo, Jun 28, 2014.

?

Opinion

Poll closed Jul 5, 2014.
  1. Think Its a great idea

44.4%
  2. Think is a so-so idea

44.4%
  3. Think its a bad idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Further Disscuison (w/wo Mods) Needed

11.1%
  1. ABambooBilbo

ABambooBilbo New Member

Sorry about the IC at the time i didnt know what it meant

I've just started on the server and my goal is to build up a Tourism business as i haven't seen anyone do it yet, It could be potentially as popular as the Tavern, The primary goal of this company would be to make a profit and to promote new and hostile worlds

Endgoal:
    -Flagship
    -Hotel resorts
    -Zoo Ship
    -Tourist Cruisers
    -A charter travel service

I know this will probably be a long-term project but i have high hopes for it as it is, Ive been experimenting with the fully customizable ship mod and i think it's largely possible. Ideally each cruise ship would be themed and could carry 100+ passengers including their belongings and staff

The company would be Apex and Human run through a collaboration of the two species. The Company itself would be run form the flagship Altasia orbiting an oasis or jungle planet, The Faction/Company would be neutral and only interested in pulling profits taking little to no part in off world politics

ANY help is welcome weather it be suggestions to building an entire ship,

Sorry about the IC at the time i didnt know what it meant, wish i could change it to OOC Though

#1 ABambooBilbo, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Not a half bad idea.

Worst comes to worst it could be simply used as something to justify OOC absences.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I think this is an excellent idea, personally. I suggest not using a characters personal ship as a cruise ship because it would only be active if your character is online. Best to build these ships in an asteroid field, so they are online 24/7. I support this idea, ships are definitely the coolest places to live. If you want help designing how it looks I can contribute some sketches/designs. I'd help in the actual construction but building the HKC flotilla is proving to be quite a tedious and difficult task.

Best of luck to you!

4. ABambooBilbo

ABambooBilbo New Member

Ships in the asteroid fields is a great idea, though challenging because of the need of space haters and air bubbles, though i admit it's better to have it on 24/7

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I figure most characters wear high tier OOC under their IC vanity clothing. That takes care of the whole heat problem. With the air bubble thing most people use survival packs under like a cape or something. Might be a way to edit the survival pack to make it less dumb looking too.

6. ABambooBilbo

ABambooBilbo New Member

Yeah or just make it invisible, though to build the ship we're probably going to need some fly mods cause the tech in game doesn't let you hover much, in case people don't have a backpack,a chest or ship locker at spawn could fix the need to find one, though having space heaters would be a plus for non cheaters who don't have that sort of gear

7. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

http://community.playstarbound.com/...ompatible-building-aid-and-item-spawner.1978/

Made by our very own Sen. Solves many many building-related issues, at this point it's almost a prerequisite before undertaking large builds.

You can always do it purely vanilla and there's nothing wrong with that, but options do exist. ;)

8. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Moved thread to Roleplay Planning/Storyboarding.

Also, something to keep in mind. I know you stated that it's a long term project, but given how often it occurs, please make sure to have a very valid reason for having the money and resources, IC, to take on a project like this.

9. ABambooBilbo

ABambooBilbo New Member

Starting build tonight msg me for the coordinates

if anyone is intrested