1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

New character!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Doctor Cat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

Hi everyone,

Glad to be here, I was just approve to join this fine community. I plan to post my first character soon. See you in the stars!

2. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

3. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

Welcome to the community! (that was also quite the read, noice work)

4. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

Thanks potato!

5. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Gets in and is already doing quality writing?
    View attachment 3220
    I like you already. Welcome to the server!

Attached Files:

6. Conrad Fiat

Conrad Fiat New Member

Welcome friend, and of course to the community!
    Whalla! *Idonno anymore.*

7. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

Don't trust the Xatu.

8. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

I appreciate the warm welcome! Once my storyline gets past figuring out how not to die (IC and OOC...), I'll get around to the outpost. Side note, if you're a Floran, maybe be a little careful around her...

And I'll keep an eye out for any ehmm.. Xatu. I'll be sure to shake my boot out before I go to bed and leave a towel under the door.

9. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

Just have an Espeon around, it'll be shaking in its talons from how much more superior the Espeon is.

10. Tallen

Tallen New Member

It is a simple rule of consent. You cannot get your character horribly maimed or killed unless you give consent for it. If you perform a openly hostile act, however, like drawing a weapon at someone with the intent of killing or attempting to kidnap someone else to sell him in the slave market, then you are automatically consenting. That is the basic of it, so you might want to check up the rules section to get a more in-depth explanation. Consent is mostly there to keep others from killing other characters without provocation, and also to stop people from doing outright hostile actions to suddenly say "but I didn't consent to my cultist's death!"

11. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

Agreed. I forget most people didn't see my application. I thoroughly read the server rules and I like how all combat is consented and story-based. My way of doing it is to at the impending moment do an OOC accept with an optout. Example...

A Floran scavenger, outcast and peaceful in nature stumbles on my camp. Seria stumbles from her tent bleary-eyed at the noise ready to shoo off another snaildog creature from eating her pile of wheat. This planet has been almost annoyingly peaceful, all the creatures fluffy playful giggling herbivores. The sleep is quickly brushed away by the sight of the sentient flower and she draws her sidearm and shouts a barely intelligible "Wai_HALT stop! Who are you?!" [[OOC: PVP impending, "YES" to accept, respond with aggressive action, optout: talk it out and Seria returns sidearm to hip]]

ending:
    "Ahhhh! Monster!" the Floran cried pointing at Seria's hand. In her confusion she looked down then back at the intruder. "NO Behind you!" She turned to see the largest ball of fuzz she had yet encountered. Its beak smacked hungrily as it eyeballed the Floran. What a terrible place for him to be about scavenging in the dark... She saw its massive haunches bunch up in the way many creatures did before pouncing. A familiar cry broke the air behind her that sounded too close to Linsl's when she was only five years old and her night light went out. Seria placed the red dot square in the center of its chest and fired.

That night she and her first Floran friend shared soft fluffy giggly stew.

12. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Yup, only mods get to see applications. It's alright, though, so long as you fully understand the rules you'll be okay.

The idea for opt-in/opt-out is good, but I think slightly unnecessary. It is either very obvious where things are going before both characters actually act, or both characters are already in a combat zone (read: non-colony) and expecting trouble. You'll see when you actually get in the server.

13. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

point taken :) I just like to be 100% clear

14. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

watch out for the fedoras edgelords
    and welcome to the euphoria Antares sector.

15. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Welcome! I'm late but stfu.

Hope you have fun here and stuff, feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

16. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

Tacoburger, would it be weird to say I want you in my mouth now and every day from now on? That looks amazing.

Thanks for the welcome toad. No one cares if you're late as long as you don't smell like mushrooms.

17. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

no

18. Clawmaster

Clawmaster New Member

Welcome![​IMG] and as this cat shows, I agree with the Xatu that that was really well written

19. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

Hi.

20. Doctor Cat

Doctor Cat New Member

I do prefer most communication be done in cat form. Thanks! :)