1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Never Forget.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shag, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Today is a special day.

Today is a day in which 14 years ago the American people suffered a horrible experience.
    Today is a day in which 42 years ago the Chilean people were enslaved in a 17 year dictatorship.

Today my heart and that of many others' around the globe go out to the families and individuals that lost loved ones in that attack, and to all the heroes that died protecting and serving their country, selflessly, for a better tomorrow.

Today is a reminder that regardless of who you are, of where you are, of what race and what nation you are from, you can always leave those differences behind, and take a huge step forward with your head held in high and not only console those left behind but stand up and take a stand to prevent other families and individuals of suffering the same fate.
    Because all in all we're all humans, normal men and women, average joes, but even then we can still make a difference, even if it's as simple as smiling to someone you pass by in the sidewalk, or helping that old lady at your supermarket carry her bags, or offer your seat in the bus to a pregnant woman. You don't know what goes through people's hearts and minds, but your kindness might have just saved a life.

Although many do, not all heroes wear uniforms.

So today, let us again remember that fateful event 14/42 years ago, that we may

N e v e r F o r g e t.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Shag, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Actually I'd forgotten. Not to be rude or anything, but I was quite busy today, and nine-eleven is expressed in american date order, whereas today it's eleven-nine for me, since we're using day-month-year instead of month-day-year...

Regardless as a European i'd like to express my sympathy.
    I don't know of anyone personally who's been affected by the 9/11 incident, but nonetheless it is still one (if not the greatest) terrorist-caused disaster of the 21st century.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441986030][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh also wasn't aware at all about the Chili thing...