1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Neighboring Sectors

Discussion in 'Unofficial Lore Discussion' started by Node, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Antares is a sector in space. I think it's pretty agreed upon that it is the fringe of Space.

But we rarely talk about the other sectors surrounding it. I think in my time here, I've only ever once heard anyone reference another sector of space (See: Tormenta Excursion) ((Or often called Tormentus incorrectly by myself exclusively)).

So I'd like to simply open the discussion of surrounding areas of space. We know that they are more civilized compared to Antares, but have absolutely no details on them.

I will post my own thoughts and ideas in some time.

2. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Well I think we should figure out what constitutes a sector of space as well while we are at it. Is it basically an arm of the galaxy, or just a square in the otherwise infinite sectors that surround us? How many sectors would their be? Are we big enough that we just have the Coreward Sector bordering us and a Spinward and Anti-Spinward neighbor to either side of us(so 3 neighboring sectors if we include the Core Worlds)? We don't call ourselves a quadrant, so we aren't THAT big, but we do have lots of stars we can get to on our maps too...

Anyways, I've been thinking about it, and I'd like to put forth one of the fictional neighboring Sectors, and if people like it they can send me some karma.

Sector Name: The Tempest
    Scientific Designation: NGC 3603 Star Forming Nebula
    Location: Coreward and Anti-spinward (in case there are more than three sectors around us, it should read a bit like Northwest if North was the Core sector.)
    Description: This region of space is home to many newly born stars and lies within a cloud of gas and material nearly a thousand light years across. These types of stellar nurseries are called starburst regions, because they are the remnants of several ancient supernovas and boasts the largest known cloud of this type in the Milky Way Galaxy. The region features hundreds of tightly packed stars and abundant natural resources and energy. This makes it very attractive to the powers and empires of the Galaxy, and aside from the industrial outfits that mine it's resources, it is hotly contested region. Each empire has a stake here but the Glitch Hivemind wages a tireless war against the Hyotl Empire, Florans and Big Ape Nation for domination defending the rich resources it can take inch by inch.

It is a battle ground for resources, and though it's not fully settled yet, waves of refugees come from the industrial outposts to Antares every time the battles get heated. Worse yet is when battle-groups arrive in Antares, waylaid by the harsh conditions of space...

Anyways, this could be interesting and we can add to it and change it if we want to. It's a cosmically valid reason for it's richness and highly sought after territory.

#2 SP3CTR3, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015