1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

My Character

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by EyesofMarch, Feb 19, 2014.

1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

[​IMG]

I'm new to photoshop, but am a pretty experienced drawer. I love to draw this sort of stuff, and I plan to use this drawing for my character Haliya'Oska, but I am unsure how to continue. I don't know how to shade or anything of the like for Adobe lol.

Any tips from y'all gracious artists?

#1 EyesofMarch, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  2. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

[​IMG]

Another one of my pride and joys. Shows I CAN draw without a pad :D

3. Zionus Dalmone

Zionus Dalmone New Member

Hmm, well Shading all depends on your skill in HOW to shade in the first place. A cheap way I do it however is have another layer over your colors, lower the opacity quite a bit. ((Play around with it)), and then go over your colors with something like black or white to get a shade or highlight out of it. Atleast, thats my method. Dunno, could be terribly wrong. Still, wonderful work here. :3

4. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

What a cutey

5. StarDust

StarDust New Member

Wow this looks amazing! If you want tips, I suggest just coloring everything in the base color. I usually cell shard everything but with really neon colors, it brings out the colors! (Although you could probably get away without shading because that thing is too beautiful with or without it)

6. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Thank you so much! Unfortunately I am super new to tablet drawing so I have no idea what cell shards are lol. I'll attempt basic opacity shading, but I'm still trying to find that damned shading tool.

I'll post more updates of it when I can find the time to continue.

Edit:

[​IMG]

Oh look, I found the time lol.

#6 EyesofMarch, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  7. Zionus Dalmone

She looks kinda sad. Really good work, all the same, just...is there a reason she's supposed to look sad? :/ Maybe im looking at it wrong.

8. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Well, if one was to examine her situation, she is technically stuck on a planet all alone at this point... Kind of a bummer, haha.

I WAS hoping to give her something akin to a smile, although that sort of mouth is hard to draw. I might just edit the eyebrows so she seems happier.

9. StarDust

StarDust New Member

Oh boy! Being stuck on a planet alone is the worst! Let's hope Haliya here flies outta there ASAP! You could probably maybe add another line to her mouth curved up if you wanted her to look more happy. But that's just me, do what you think looks best!

10. Zionus Dalmone

I feel so sorry for her. :( If you want, we can set up an IC thing where Crawzer finds and helps her with some fuel. :3 I am more than happy to give out some fuel, as well as make a new friend.

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

This community is so lucky to have so many great artists. These look great!

12. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I just got an E-Boner for that Enclave badass. Not quite as awesome as the Brotherhood of Steel, but pretty damn close ;)

13. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

That would be a cool idea! Although it's probably already been done before, Haliya is supposed to be a Floran who's trying to meet new creatures and learn more about the galaxy. She's still 'feral', but she desperately wants to learn and be included in actual civilization. She'd be extremely excited to meet up with a friendly face!

I will take that as a compliment! Here's another picture I made awhile ago. Not nearly as good as, again, it was made awhile ago, but here.

[​IMG]

14. Zionus Dalmone

Looks plenty of fantastic to me. XD

15. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Makes me think of Mass Effect :O (I was just poking fun at the enclave. I'm a BoS fan >_>)

16. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

[​IMG]

Aha! It's getting there.. Abit slowly! Been busy, so I haven't had the time to really work on it, nor am I a hundred percent sure where I wanna take it. Might do another one afterwards with a little less detail, and more realistic body formations.

Also, what do you guys think I should do to give Haliya a little more 'pizaz'?