1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

My attempts at art over the years.

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Anju1986, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Anju1986

Anju1986 New Member

I know, I'm new to the forum but I couldn't resist an art thread o_O.

But, unfortunately I have nothing to show for artistics on the computer...So, hope it's alright if I post a couple paintings and little projects.

This first one is actually supposed to be a dragon sleeping on clouds but it seems that my cousins children, mostly 4-6 have designated it sleeping dragon on eggs....

[​IMG]

The purple dragon is a stretch away from my normal art, as it was for my grandparents. This one standing about 5 feet tall depicting a banshee in a dark setting done in oil is my normal style.

[​IMG]

Another oil painting, although simple in design I thought it was semi interesting and for some reason it gave me trouble when it came to the red in the eye...

[​IMG]

This was...interesting to do to say the least. The mask was made in sculpy and the horns are actually deer teeth upside down, the actual teeth of the mask are from a fish called a Muskie that live in the lake I live near.

[​IMG]

Now this...this was just an expensive pain. The coloring was done between oil paint, and oil pastel with each of my pastels used costing 7-10 usd each. The body was made of pink foam as was the base, but the poorly done waves were done in clay that did -not- wish to sit right or stay stuck to the foam. This piece now rests in....well....many pieces....cats will do that to foam....

[​IMG]

In my original post I entirely forgot this one somehow. Little can be said other than it is done in acrylic and at the time I was thinking of doing a fairly simple painting so I went with a fairly generic balance concept but neither is supposed to portray either good nor evil, more light and dark in balance with one another, both having dark and light, light and dark within each other. I attempted to use Japanese characters although anyone that knows Japanese would point out the hundred or so flaws in the strokes lengths, thicknesses and such. The characters are meant to be Yin and Yang with the two smaller characters in the corner as Balance. But to my dismay years later I noticed I missed a part to the Balance character.

[​IMG]

#1 Anju1986, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  2. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Shame about the dragon sculpture.

At least you got a pic of it looking so good :D

#2 Diddums, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014