1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mr. Tanaki's Personal Notebook

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by GenericUsername, Dec 18, 2014.

1. GenericUsername

GenericUsername New Member

((A leather-bound notebook filled with lined paper. Entries are written in black ink, dated, and signed by Haruki))

Foreword
    This book is not for you or me. In fact, I'm not sure who it's for. I'd like to pretend I'm doing this professionally, but I'm not even sure if I spelled that word correctly. So if I'm lost, please, at least know the journey I took.

I could have gone into pharmaceuticals. I almost had my doctorate, and it's rare that anyone from my little underwater spring would get the chance of a good education. I know a lot about medicine now, besides a good chunk of the short-hand. Human, Apex, and Hylotl, mainly psychological meds but I technically have training in other specialties.

Instead I decided to wear human clothes. Instead I decided to leave everything I knew behind. Some days I regret it.

Today is the day I begin the journal. Antares is home to many colourful figures. I won't fit in. I'm not crazy, homicidal, super nice, radioactive, or what have you. I'm not even an adventurer. It feels like I stand out for not standing out.

Tanaki+