1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Momento Mori

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Xenos, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Xenos

Xenos New Member

A video message would appear on the Starnet forums, of Blade’s Edge, sitting in the middle of what would appear to be a massive pressurized steel bunker. Except for the area immediately around her, almost everything is obscured by a thick darkness.

Blade herself seems very tired and worn, with a faint-but-noticeable frown of sadness on her face. She looks straight into the camera, a new scar over her left eye, and on her mouth, in almost the exact same place as they were on Tide’s face. She raises one hand to the scar over her eye, and sighs. She opens her mouth slightly, wets her lips, and starts to speak, in a soft, slightly quavering voice

I thought I should tell you this… For all of you who weren’t in Tetanus that day, Tide’s dead. You probably heard him over the radio that day… He went absolutely insane. Long story short, he took me hostage, beat me, and used me as a living shield while he fought Felith…

She sighs again, dropping her head, a single tear falling down her cheek. She sits like that, shivering slightly for a short while, before she sniffles, and looks back up to the camera

The story about Felith… I’m not going to say, because I don’t tell other people’s stories without asking them first… but… He fought bravely… He was willing to do whatever it took to protect me from Tide… Even if it involved killing him.. I admire him for killing that monster… But I still feel sad… Tide wasn’t always a monster… I don’t know what changed him recently, but something must have happened… He came to me for help, but I still hated him for when he tried to kill me that one time… I didn’t care that we were both drunk at the time, or that neither one of us was free of blame…

Her voice would crack as she spoke this next line, and she seemed to be on the verge of tears

But… I never told him that I loved him… Never told him how much he meant to me…

Blade would break down sobbing at this point, a heart-wrenching sound full of misery and anguish, the sound of a person who had lost everything they held dear, and all in the same instant. After a minute or so, she would, with a visible effort, stop herself, and look back up at the camera, her voice still cracking and feeble, and her cheeks stained with tears

I… I don’t know what to say… Except that I’m sorry… For all those people who he hurt in life, and all the people that his death hurts… He was a kind, loving brother, for the most part… and my heart aches at his passing… I know that he has one last clone ready… but… It won’t last him very long… Maybe a month…

She turns away from the camera for a moment, and the lights in the bunker light up just enough to reveal Tide’s signature sword and armor propped up against the wall in the direction she is looking. After a few moments more, she turns back to the camera. She acts like she’s about to turn it off, then seems to think about one last thing to say. Her face again takes on that anguished look, however, walks over to the armor, laying her head against its chest as she starts to sob again. She remains like that for several more minutes until the video feed cuts out

(OOC NOTE)
    (For those of you not familiar with Blade's appearance, here it is, along with pertinent information to accompany it: faded cream-colored belly coloration, blue face, and body, with black scalp and a single black Mohawk-like fin. The fin itself has many of the same properties as Impervium-steel, including its luster, and often protrudes from her helmet. She has two primary outfits: A normal Apex Commander’s jacket, which she wears in the nightclub or private scene, and a modified Vanguard’s armor that she wears in any other situation. She is a voluptuous, curvaceous Hylotl female, with a very charming (albeit seductive) demeanor, and a very arrogant attitude, all of which she brings to bear to manipulate men and women to get what she wants. She has two five-centimeter, gold-impervium alloy spines protruding from her back, just beneath her shoulder blades, which she often hides in her armor. However, with less than a moment’s notice, she can call upon the nanites within her body to reconstruct her wings upon those nubs. The wings themselves have a triple rack of gold-impervium spines arcing along their normal shape, with massive impervium feathers, blade-like in shape and in use, attached to them. (Think steampunk wings.)

2. Sen

Sen Guest

too long did not read

can someone tell floran if fish is dead? that all what floran care

3. Xenos

Xenos New Member

(is video message. XP)

4. -Luke-
    ...Bahahahahaha! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Oh my Gaia, I need to write this down...
    You said that you were going to kill him OVER and OVER. That's all you cared about. Now you're sad he's gone? You're a wonderful hypocrite.

#4 The Lucky Prism, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. Space Captain Katsura

THIS WAS AMAZING MOVIE

KATSURA WATCH AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

6. Xenos

Xenos New Member

It's amazing how little you appreciate something until you can no longer have it... How much someone's death shifts your perspective... Looking back on it, the good he did for me far outweighed the bad...

7. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

S
    Sounds like you're having a hard time... We all are right now. My heart goes out to the people who need it in these dark times.

8. Space Captain Katsura

Heartsss are weak, katsssura ssstab hearts.

Katsssura doessn't have any hearts

or lungs

or kidney

or any other organs

or blood

or bones

9. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

It was figurative, but I doubt you know what that means. Basically, I am saying I feel sorry for all this horrible stuff happening in the Outer Rim.

10. Space Captain Katsura

Katsssura tough movie wass fun

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

The Floran 'Katsura' seems to be quite ignorant of his own composition.

Aside from ignorant Floran, you have my condolences, Blades Edge, along with any other individual who misses Tide. May he be forever remembered.

12. Space Captain Katsura

Well katsura's body iss entirely made out of plant, katsssura know because katssura once got decapitated....It wasss sscary at firsst..Then katssura had to let ENTIRE body grow back...It took ssso long, sheeesh...

But katsura doessn't know what the interior of katsssura's head look like....

13. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Faversae-
    You should find out.

14. Space Captain Katsura

...But what if katsssura had organic brain? Bad thingsss could happen by oppening head.

15. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Faversae-
    It's obvious that you lack a brain, so no danger!

16. Space Captain Katsura

But if katsssura doessn't have a brain, what isss controlling katsssura?

What isss making katsssura able to move, to be handsome, and to be the besst?

17. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Faversae-
    You're being remotely controled by your flowers, clearly.

18. Space Captain Katsura

Katsssura's foliage are leavesss, not flowersss, ssilly.

19. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Damn it. It seems like everyone's dying at once.
    My thoughts are with him, and his love ones. He was one of the guys back at Underpass,, and I remember enjoying his company.
    -Corvus

20. Space Captain Katsura

Katsssura hope he died painfully.