1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mods for 1.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tacoburger, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

This will be a compiled list of mods that are working for upbeat giraffe and are server friendly and client side. I intend for this to help out people who can't find what they want, whether it be an updated version of something in 0.8 or whatever.

Current Mods:
    Skyrail Sit Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/skyrail-sits.2172/updates (Sorta buggy for the player, but not the server)
    Starcheat: https://github.com/wizzomafizzo/starcheat (careful with this. can screw over your character more than anything. it happened to me. don't be me)
    SBSE: I'm sure you can find it
    Omegamatt's Creative Mod for Server Friendliness: http://community.playstarboundrp.co...nhancement-supplement-creative-mode-mod.8176/
    Customizable ship mod (a bit shitty if you ask me, because you have to make a character that hasn't upgraded their ship past tier 1) http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/buildable-shipworld-file-upbeat-giraffe.2494/
    skip starting quests/upgrade techs mod http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starbound-quest-skip.2536/
    If you want to contribute, give links in the bottom to the mod.

#1 Tacoburger, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

The Sits mod is updated, but getting it to work is a bit coniving.

The Expanded Songs list mod is up.

The better Avians mod still works in its current incarnation.

3. Tacoburger

Updated with another mod.

4. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

5. Tacoburger

6. Dark Lord Stan

Dark Lord Stan The Recoloring Master

7. White

White The Guy who is always working.

8. White

Got the ship working, if you got a ship above tier 1 it breaks, even if you replace the ship files and delete all other ship files.

also request, can someone make the big chatbox mod for 1.0 ? or RP chat as it was called.

9. Tacoburger

updated
    woo

10. Dark Lord Stan

11. White

Do anyone have a Work-around for the FTL bug ? (i'm useing the costumized ship, so spawning a T3 ship does not work for me. it breaks my current ship.

Eventually a mod that fixes it?

got the quest finished, but my ftl drive dosn't work <.<

12. Dark Lord Stan

If you got CES, craft a FTL Repair Kit. Or in singleplayer spawn it in with commands. Should work, if I wrong, let me know I will be home soonish to check myself

13. White

Afraid it doesn't work.

the only way to fix it is to upgrade your ship to a new tier, but this breaks the ship file permanently, as it spawns a ship inside.. your ship. and even deleting the Shipfile and replacing it doesn't work, i need to delete everything so its somehow attached to meta, or bak file.

either a mod that removes all the Ships blocks from tiers, so you can just go up to tier 8 without actually affecting the ship, or a way to enforce FTL to work is probably the only workarounds i could think.

I've been experimenting with Tiers, and removing files, replacing only some files etc.
    Can't find a workaround.

Any assistance would be greatly appropriated, I've spend alot of times designing a ship, I'd rather not do it all over again :/, Especially if there's a risk it'll break again.

14. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

The fix for this issue is actually quite simple, really. Use the FTL Repair Kit to override whatever ship you currently have, then repair that ship do it functions but -do not- upgrade it in any other way, just the basic repairs. Then, replace the ship file with the mod's ship file. This should fix the issue and let you build your new ship. That's my suggestion, it worked for me, and is the only fix I know of.

Edit: Apologies for spelling, using mobile at the moment

15. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Perhaps try rerolling the character, going through all the unlocks until you get to where you need to be, then replace the ship file with the custom ship?

16. White

I've tried, the tier 1 ship spawns inside my crafted ship, so i end up stuck inside the corridor of my ship.

I've tried, the tier 1 ship spawns inside my crafted ship, so i end up stuck inside the corridor of my ship.
    Afraid nothing happens when i use the FTL Repair Kit, eller the Repair ship kit. just text.

I think the actual best fix, is to make a mod with a selected tier of ship spawn no blocks, or background/foreground.
    Then you can use that, then remove the mod if needed. as any Ship above tier 3 Automatically have FTL online

#16 White, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  17. Tacoburger

mod added, allows you to fully upgrade everything on your character ship/tech wise

18. Phoenix

Phoenix the one and only

I'm actually having trouble with this creative mod, I'm always told that Starbound cant find 'apexdungeonpods'

19. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

it's probably outdated. It's not compatible with the current build of Starbound. You gotta erase it.