1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Moderators Needed

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello Antares,

It's been a long time since I've posted here. It's almost nostalgic.
    Every community needs structure to survive and thrive, so that's why I'm here again.
    This was all very sudden and unexpected, I'll be honest. We'll be fine, it'll just be rocky for a bit.

As you may or may not have already seen, I selected temporary moderators known as "Acting Moderators" from people who were available at the time of a social issue occurring on our Discord server. They serve as temporary solutions to maintain order while a new Moderation is selected and will be disbanded afterwards.

Since you're here, I take it you might be interested in the position. If not, your voice is still equally as important during these changing times. There is a good chance that I will seek input from the community, in what way, I am not yet sure.

I will be taking note of interested persons privately. There is no application form as this is on short notice.

I want you to post at the forum linked at the bottom of this post and share with me what you think being a Moderator is about. Additionally, please answer the questions below as honestly and accurately as you can. Note: this is not a form. Your answers can be written in paragraph format, you don't have to use bullet points in your message. Let your words and thoughts flow naturally as you write them.

What do you think your responsibilities will be? How do you think you will be able to cope with the large amount of negative feedback that you will likely receive as you are judged harshly for your actions by those you arbitrate, their friends, and their friends friends? Are you comfortable being a public figure? Do you handle stress well? Do you believe in yourself to be impartial, fair, and considerate, even when faced with arbitration over your close friends or worst enemies? Perhaps most importantly, are you self-motivated? Can you persist in the face of doom? When it seems like the world is falling down around you, can you pick yourself back up and keep going?

Moderatorship in Antares is not like it would be in your typical community. There are expectations of upholding not only civility, but also to build and foster a healthy relationship with the community. Moderators are not Antares police force. They are neutral arbitrates for resolving disputes and issues among the community. It is a position that holds a damaged reputation and one in need of repair, and it will take real effort to do so.

Antares is in a period of it's life where it's not enough to just be available to watch the community and keep an eye out for a bad word or two. You need to be willing to contribute your ideas to building a better Antares, one that will continue to stand the test of time.

If that person is you, apply today.

- Kazyyk

#1 Kazyyk, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017