1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Moderator Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello, interested roleplayer!

Applications are being accepted until midnight EST of April 28th.

We're looking to bolster our Staff ranks with moderators who understand our vision (as unclear as it may be, for the time being) and who are excited and eager to help maintain a high quality and fair RP environment for everyone.

As a Moderator, it'll be your responsibility to resolve disputes between players and be the authority when it comes to ultimate decisions for a conflict if one cannot be decided.

Let's put this all into bullet points for ease of understanding.
    Moderators will be expected to...
    • Assist in approving/denying new applications
    • Resolve disputes, on the forum, in-game or otherwise
    • Remove unwanted or spammy content from the forums
    • Keep the peace in-game between players
    • Move threads in wrong places to the correct places
    • Ensure that OOC doesn't run rampant in Galaxy Chat in-game
    • Ensure proper usage of IC/OOC forums
    • Protect the wiki from defacement
    • Be a generally all-around nice and decent individual
    • Be available on Skype (text only, no microphone required)
    If you wouldn't mind doing these things and helping us out, then we'd be more than happy to consider your application.

How to apply? Click here!

#1 Kazyyk, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Moderator applications have been re-opened.

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Applications are over and the results are in. After about two hours of discussion and debate, the new moderaters selected are...
    Congratulations, you three! Please get in touch with me over Skype, the forums, or Steam. Thank you!
    I look forward to running this community together!

We will not be releasing the private details of the selection process, so if you're wondering why you may not have been chosen, unfortunately you'll have to speculate and try again next time.

That said, I want to thank everyone who submitted. I really appreciate your willingness to help out this community, and you still can by setting the example and reporting malicious behavior to us. I hope you enjoy your time here as always.

This thread will be updated if future positions become available.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Moderator applications have re-opened.
    Unfortunately, previous applicants will have to re-apply using the new form.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Approximately 24 hours left to submit an Application if interested.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Moderator applications are now closed. We'll release the names of the new moderators within 24 hours.

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

All the applications have been reviewed by the existing Moderator Staff and I, and we've reached a conclusion.
    On a surprise twist, three moderators are being selected instead of just two.
    However, we've decided that due to the quality of some applications over others, we'll be introducing a new rank of Moderator.
    Moderators have now been divided into two groups: Senior and Junior
    Junior Moderators have most of the abilities as Senior Moderators and are more of a trial run to assess capability and responsibility.
    So without further adieu, the new Moderators are:

Senior Moderators
    • Firedrinker
    Junior Moderators
    • Shade743
    • dextraMORPHINE
    As always, much thanks to all who submitted. I really appreciate your willingness to support this community, and there's always next time.
    Like last time, the private details of the selection process will not be revealed. This thread will be updated when future positions become available.

If you have any questions/concerns about the selected Moderators, feel free to PM me.
    Thanks again everyone!

8. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Moderator applications are now re-opened. An undetermined amount of applicants may be accepted.

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Moderator applications are now closed. We'll release the names sometime in the next few days.

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Thanks to all who applied. Our new moderators are...

Senior:
    Junior:
    If those accepted would please connect with me over Skype or through the forum, I'll help you get situated.

As for those who applied and didn't get accepted, as always, you may try again next time.
    However, I want to thank you for applying! We really appreciate your willingness to help.
    We've got an awesome community here thanks to folks like you.
    Thanks again!