1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mod request for people mutch smarter than I

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by November, Jul 21, 2014.

1. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Right, so people that know me are also aware of my ineptitude with colours. Basically, I have trouble with the blue/yellow spectrum. I used to have a picture that showed things pretty well, but I can't seem to dig it up again.

Basically what I need is a darker background on the chat box. I've a hell of a time actually reading it over most backgrounds, which leads to a lot if one letter typos. Being able to change the actual colours of the chat would also be awesome, because whispers and global can get somewhat similar.

If someone has an idea, or knows where to point me so I can try to change this myself please let me know!

2. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

View attachment 1965
    Whipped this up in a couple of minutes. Should be vanilla compatible, I just replaced the chat config file and the two images that make up the chatbox.
    If you'd like different colors then just change these values in the chat.config:
    "colors" : {
    "channel" : "^shadow,green;",
    "broadcast" : "^shadow,yellow;",
    "whisper" : "^shadow,red;",
    "commandResult" : "^shadow,lightgray;"
    }
    Or just ask me and I will reupload with a different set of colors. Mod is attached to the post.

Attached Files:

3. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Holy stonking christ you are a wizard. My eyes and I appreciate the everliving fuck out of you. Kind of curious on what all colours it will let me set...

4. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can do any color you want by replacing the named color with #RRGGBB where RR GG and BB are hex numbers for the amount of that color. See http://www.colorpicker.com/