1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

MiniKnog Interest Check

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Ziggy, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

So I was thinking of running a little event for about 4-8 people. There would be a broadcast from a MiniKnog outpost advertising paying volunteers to participate in a study.

The scientists themselves are on-the-level and upfront about the inherent dangers of acquiring research data.
    for the most part.
    they are non-partial to the species, age, or gender of the participants.

The tests will include basic cognition, teamwork capabilities, and advanced problem solving under duress. The challenges will be difficult, dangerous, and possibly push the participants to their limits. There is danger of death and dismemberment.

This is not an event that is meant to be solved with a bombardment of bullets, bombs, and baddassery. Violence toward the proctors would result in appropriate action.

Please understand I'm being intentionally vague. I'm still in the process of working out details and would like there to be more than one possible outcome. I can say for sure that it would last for less than a day. I understand that you all have your own personal lives and with so many participants some things may come up IRL that are out of your control. I'll try to be flexible, and we can work things out if people need to drop out.

Discuss.

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

It'd be hard to sell anyone IC about participating in a miniknog experience, since everyone seems to know about their secret evil experiments...

3. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Maybe introduce it IC as something other than face value? Say it's not a Miniknog experiment, just a safe test for ground breaking research, then promise cake.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I kinda assumed most people in the fringe at this point would be desperate for money considering most are refugees from Antares needing ship repair/fuel. But then I guess there's also that stigma that everyone has infinite fuel and resources.

5. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Well I mean that's PRETTY good. But... cake y'know? But yeah, promises of shelter, food, etc. would be a great focal point for people scraping by.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Cash is king.

7. Tallen

Tallen New Member

I am absolutely down for this. Count me in.

#7 Tallen, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  8. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

That actually sounds fun. Best of luck to ye.