1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Military Colony Perhaps

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Krug, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Krug

Krug New Member

The Star, an abandoned and decrepit military base that's been converted into a livable space. Although much of the base is still in disrepair, The Star is welcoming any and all to bask in the new freedom and sovereignty gained.

This idea would be someone stumbling across and abandoned Human or Apex military installation that's fallen into a state of disrepair and as more people move in, more of the base would be fixed up. Upgrades would be added starting with running water and ending with stuff like ground-to-air batteries and high definition TV with an emphasis on personal freedom.

Thoughts?

Update:
    We're building it now. If you're good at building and would like an input as to how this colony is structures, let me know.

#1 Krug, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

I would totally go there.

1 person likes this.
  3. Krug

Krug New Member

Update:
    We're building it now. If you're good at building and would like an input as to how this colony is structures, let me know.

4. zkkzz

zkkzz New Member

IMO: we have enough colonies as is

5. Krug

Krug New Member

Most colonies have a way of dying out within a month.

6. zkkzz

zkkzz New Member

Primarily because new colonies come along. Colonies wouldn't die so quickly if people weren't making 3-4 every month, which is apparently currently the case.

7. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

Hes right you know.

1 person likes this.
  8. Krug

Krug New Member

Maybe people wouldn't be so eager to migrate to a new colony if old colonies were more lively.

9. TrashHound

Other colonies might be more lively if he had the population to support as many colonies as we have. It seems like you started building before anyone actually gave any feedback on the thread/had the time to. We have enough colonies as is fam, and another one would only help to divide our already limited population. You really should wait to receive some public opinion before turning your ideas into projects. Just my two cents though.

10. Krug

Krug New Member

I haven't started full-scale construction. Just looking at how some of the patterns work like walls and such. But alright, seems like this'll have to wait a while. I'll try back in a month.

11. I feel we also have enough colonies, although this would be a good idea once we need a new hub town. I also can't disagree though because I don't think it would be the end of the world to have another colony.

12. TwoFiveTwo

TwoFiveTwo New Member

You could turn this into some kind of military dictatorship thing, the population there would be Rp'ed by people in the server and we can all see how long it takes for the oppressive military government to be overthrown, would be a lot of fun if people signed up for it

13. Caws

Caws birb

I tried to do this for Gerengo.
    It didn't work.

14. TwoFiveTwo

TwoFiveTwo New Member

Anything can work if you get people to do it. I don't see why we can't orginize about 10-15 people to do this.

15. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

The problem with that is that the Council would probably have a problem with another government operating in their own sector.

16. TwoFiveTwo

TwoFiveTwo New Member

who cares l0l

17. TrashHound

To my knowledge, the council isn't an actual government as much as it is a group of representatives "tasked with the organization, coordination and collaboration of the galaxy's citizens to best defend against the looming tentacle threat." The seven members themselves only represent their race, not lead it, and as such, each race still has it's own central government(s).

#17 TrashHound, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016
  18. Krug

Krug New Member

Also, I'd like to try to diverge the point here. I do not want this to be a totalitarian military faction. I'd much more like to make it a lawless haven for miscreants and troublemakers.