1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mercenary For Hire (Not Exclusive To Hired Hit Man Work)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by TheHitter, Mar 19, 2015.

1. TheHitter

TheHitter New Member

G'day!
    I, Merlo, the Hylotl mercenary, would like to offer you assistance in any form that would require the use of the expertise of an armed individual!
    I would also like to note that I am not, exclusively, meant for hire as a hit man, although, I can, for the right price, do so.

My work is similar, but not limited to that of a(n):
    Bodyguard
    Hit Man
    Tracker
    Sparring Partner
    Emotional Vent (Someone You Can Tell Stuff To)
    Courier Service
    Demon Slayer
    Diplomat

Contact me through this forum, and we shall discuss further business and pay in person.

2. Cuban Pete

Cuban Pete New Member

Uh... Demon Slayer?

- Leroy Davidson

3. TheHitter

TheHitter New Member

...Long story, mate.
    -Merlo

4. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I guess you didn't take the warnings about those 'Hello' transmissions.

-Frosty ((Ethan))

5. TheHitter

TheHitter New Member

Longer than that.
    -Merlo

6. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

MazAEkial.

As a self-proclaimed Demon Hunter myself who plays the "long story" card as well, can you specify what is meant by the term "Demon." People get confused by that word sometimes. The way I see it, you could be referring to:

A. Hyperbolized monsters to sound impressive (i.e. "That giant endangered Space Snake-Wolf is a demon, and I hunt them").

B. Actual, literal, spiritual entities. That leads to plenty of questions I'd personally like to ask. I know about what humans consider demons (not the stereotypical little red horned munchkins with pitchforks, the actual ones) but have yet to be educated on the Hylotl depiction.

C. Corruption and bad people in general. The word "demon" being more of a theme than literal.

D. Rogue Artificial Intelligences. Because everyone knows there's no such thing as demons! We as society have ascended beyond the existence of God and are in no way as stuck-up or forceful of our beliefs as those old religious retards! [/sarcasm]

Did any of those hit the general ball park?

#6 Mazékial, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  7. TheHitter

TheHitter New Member

Let me put it this way:
    If one would look at such a thing and think,

"Oh, that thing looks like a sort of demon, what with the claws/unnatural skin color/indistinct language/etc., and will likely attempt to harm me if I don't leave the immediate area!"

then that's good enough for me.
    And no, I don't count Florans as demons.
    -Merlo

8. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

I see. First off, thank you for making that clarification at the end that you do not consider Florans to be demons. I could imagine all the racism claims that would have come from others regarding your definition of demons.

As far as the definition itself is concerned: understandable, albeit slightly inaccurate. I'm not exactly going to question what people see, but I will say that if those are the only traits people look for to find demons, they're looking for the wrong things.

Good luck to your endeavors and whatnot, and feel free to consider looking me up if a "demon hunt" seems to hit a dead end. I don't exactly charge for things like that and I might know a thing or two.