1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

MEDICAL EMERGENCY! ASSISTANCE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by King Tickle, Apr 14, 2014.

1. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

This is Captain, CEO of Exxon, requesting any highly trained medical personnel with experience in augmented human beings and nanites to respond to this emergency message.

There is a 200 year old augmented human being by the name of Thorne who's obsolete systems are beginning to fail one-by-one. The nanites in his blood are shutting down, and his normal organs that aren't augmented are beginning to show their age. We need to refurbish his body with the newest generation of sustainable augmented systems and transfer his blood with a new nanite system that doesn't require a new blood-packet of fresh nanites every week. We need to rebuild him better than ever, the galaxy has the technology, I have the money.

Please, cost is not an issue and we don't have much time. Help.

-Vice desk of Captain

2. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

*blood*

200 years is long enough for one being. get a 40, take a sip, then pour the rest out.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

nanitesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

4. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

He's good as dead if he's that old and the machines are obsolete. This isn't simply buying a new toaster and plugging it in. Like the other guy said, grab a forty and take a sip.

- W. Trent

5. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

((remy))
    rip lol

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Alice-
    Do you realize we're talking about a person right? Even if he's that old, he still deserves medical attention.

7. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

Alright, I don't have licence, but I can assure you that I'm one of the best on the subject of micro-engineering, and I will be able to create augmentations for his eyes, nerves, and parts of his brain. You'll need someone else to implant these augmentations though, so if you consider messaging me, I recommend contacting an experienced surgeon.

- Gilleen Mingester

8. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

No one is immortal. Two centuries is long enough. - Skarti

9. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Alice-
    No one is immortal: True.
    But we still /should/ try to save anyone's life. Okay, everyone has to die, but, you know, they can die another day.

10. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Yeah, it seems thoughtless to imply that people of other ages don't deserve the same type of care.
    -Corvus

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

As long as he can afford the care, I don't see why there is a debate about this. People can become as messed up as they wanna be.

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Alice-
    These ^.

13. Kirby teh Pink

And you think I wouldn't enjoy living forever? It's just not right. We're not gods. - Skarti

14. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

[​IMG]

#14 Iridium616, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  15. Corvus

Corvus New Member

No, you probably wouldn't. You'd be stuck in your shitty morals.

16. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

Look, buddy, I don't care if you believe in gods or not. If your religion doesn't let you grow older than your biological body lets you, then so be it. But for goodness sake, don't let that religion keep non-believers from helping a dying man, alright? I recommend taking a look in your history books on the case of apartheid, gay rights, trans rights, and abortion. There you can see how religion has literally resulted in innocent people dying, or being repressed.

- Gilleen

17. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Nanites. How do they work. Why should I care. And at what point do you replace the brain, and wind up with a stranger in what can only be seen as the salvaged, used car equivalent of a body.

Hollow

18. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

*blood*
    Damnit skarti, we are not allowed to agree buuuuuuuuuuut... I can make an exception. Sometimes it is just someones time to die.

19. Corvus

Corvus New Member

This is someone's life we're talking about. I, personally, don't want this type of thing to happen to me, but I really think we should respect this guy's decision. If he wants to hold onto his life, fucking let him, it's not going to affect you in any real way.

20. Kirby teh Pink

I assume you're referring to human religion, and I really shouldn't have to point out how irrelevant that is.

The man in question has apparently lived for two-hundred years. He's no more dying now then he was a century ago. Also, since when did prosperity give you the right to immortality? Is it fair that those without access to such expensive treatments are forced to live out their normal lifespans? Supress your saviour complex for just a moment and think. - Skarti

#20 Kirby teh Pink, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014