1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mafia Like Gang

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Menacing Melon, May 29, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a Gang like this start?

1. Sign me up!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Yes, but I wouldn't join it

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I am indifferent about something like this starting

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Not really (Please comment why)

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Not at all (Again please comment why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I've been brainstorming and I'd like the opinion of the community. I wanted to start a sort of mafia gang in council space because I have seen so many gangs and groups without good intentions, but I don't think i've seen one recently that isn't a Terrorist Group/Bandit Gang/Floran Tribe. The gang would go around, extort people, take ownership of places by force or by just buying it, have drug deals etc. They'd be banned near instantly from most colonies once they are discovered, so I think they would take advantage of the futuristic technology and have a disguise system that lets their members cloak as different people, although the device cannot cloak as existing people for whatever reasons (Still thinking of a reason why, but ooc it's because nobody want people to rp their characters for them, duh)). I just thought Council Space needs a big antagonist faction to sprout up and stir up some trouble that isn't just committing genocide.

Of course, this faction most likely would need admin approval to start with a good, though a not ridiculous amount of money, as with approval and fine tuning on the disguising system. The group would also probably have a good amount of criminal events that are planned.

If you have anything to say, please say it, whether it be suggestions, concerns or just comments, I do know that we have quite a bit of evil in the sector already but to this gang, one thing will matter, and that is money.

2. Caws

Caws birb

I'd gladly join your little mafia. Just need to make a different character.

3. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

I'm not sure if I'm interested, mainly because I don't really understand what you mean. A classic italian mafia faction been done before, if you wanted to bust out the tommys and fedoras. If you have a different type of mafia in mind, maybe get more down on paper? Less violent criminal factions are always cool, I just don't really have a big enough picture of what your idea is yet.

( also my faction wasn't created to commit genocide if you were takin a lil jab at us there ;) )

4. By mafia Like I mean only interested in money and very organized. Doesn't need to be Italian or like a classic mafia in any way just is very money oriented and isn't concerned with spreading terror.

5. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

That's good, but I still think you should get a bit more down about what it would be. Factions are a pain in the ass when it comes to planning.

6. Very True, although this is just me seeing if there is an interest for it, not quite yet in the full out planning phase though I have done some

1 person likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I have a character that would fit in really well with an organized crime group. Two, actually. I'd be open to the idea.

8. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

I'm a little concerned that something like this could turn into a re-run of the outcasts.

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Mafioso

I would definitely join! If you plan to make the faction.

10. I am now currently in progress planning the faction as I seem to have a decent interest brewing in the community, aswell as a few others that I know who will join. I am going to continue building this group in the background (Though give it time as I do have a life outside of antares). So far it has turned into a kind of Big Buisness that does evil stuff in the background type deal, not exactly like a mafia, but same Idea of 'Make Money at all costs'. The Gang would be called Faceless, ((this is a first draft name so if anybody has any better ideas for a sort of 'Anonymous' name, please either post here or pm me)) they would again use disguises to stay anonymous and would be cold blooded when it comes to treating their agents and especially their enemies. So when I finish the planning I will ask the admins about possibly giving a few things like money, resources, etc. If anyone has an interest please post here, the more the merrier.

11. Caws

Caws birb

Are all races allowed to join?

12. It Would most likely be a 'we judge by skills not race' group, as they'd take all the talent the could get that is qualified.

13. I have recently had starting equipment approved by Ol' Smokestack and am working on the base, as well as posting the IC recruitment after finishing said base.

14. Krug

Krug New Member

Neat. I've been meaning to get back into it. I'd be interested.

15. Krug

Krug New Member

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

16. IC Recruitment form complete, anyone who wishes to join please check out the black market!

#17 Menacing Melon, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  17. I know it's only been two days or so, but I'm just posting this to remind anybody who is interested to apply, it is on the black market. I am planning some criminal events that may be possible, but I cannot do them without gang members obviously. So if you are still interested, you can apply by
    pm-ing me after making a character and reading Faceless' requirements to join.

18. Still recruiting, Just decided to post one last time here to say this gang will most likely die out if nobody joins so if you ever have some spare time just please take about half an hour to start up a small character and write up a small backstory. If anyone is waiting for a faction sub forum to be made, we need people to have the sub forum, from my knowledge we need about 5 different people at least to get said sub forum.

19. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

If you're looking for people I could make a character for it.
    I hope this group has intentions that drive it forward, rather than just existing to be a necessary opposition.