1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

"Lawless" Hub World - Needs Builders/Initial Residents

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Twitch, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I've been working on and off on a planet world to cater to the frontier vibe and the more criminal element on the server. For one reason or another it was backburnered a few times, mostly due to not wanting to butt heads with other player projects. With the recent influx of interest in badguys coupled with the crashes and general lack of interest I've decided to go ahead and try to finish it up. I'm not going to go into terribly much detail about the IC history of the location as that will be announced IC when it's ready to open. I will however go over the OOC details and how they relate to you.

Who runs the planet?

The planet will be backed by an IC character, but run by an NPC that will act as a black market dealer under the staff's control. This character will buy scrap, stolen goods, etc from players to provide criminals with steady income. This NPC however will not pay a good price, making it more profitable to sell to another player.

How am I suppose to interact with an NPC government?

The NPC who runs the planet will primarily be a forum based entity, but have an ingame representative when needed. The planet will have limited laws, which do not require in game enforcement. For the most part the planet will be lawless to most form of player on player conflict.

Will there be places to live or businesses to work in?

The planet will be free build. Whatever is here is based solely on what players want there to be. The majority of the planet is a network of tunnels and empty spaces designed specifically with the intention on letting players build homes and businesses inside these places. You are however not limited to the confines of what has been cleared out. Buildings must be cleared OOCly before they are begun. This is to ensure the player understands the themeing of the world, and does not block off access to other locations. Buildings must have some form of throughway if they are in a central location.

I have some questions, where should I ask them?

Right here. Please do not PM me any general questions regarding this, I'd rather keep it all public so players who might have similiar questions can get them answered.

How do I get involved?

You can shoot me a PM. Until I get more people on board to help players get set up at hours I am not around, access will be limited as I am only around 12pm est for a bit, then 12am est for a few hours each day due to work scheduled. I have enlisted the help of @Angre as well to help give tours, so availability during the weekdays shouldn't be as limited.

2. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Great! I'll join in with the Scaraba, now that I'll be returning shortly. This'll be a great way to help RP get moving.

A question however: Since this is a Lawless Hub, it would be best if the factions backing the place or establishing 'security' were to be lawless factions as well right? This could promote a bit of conflict RP about who controls the Market and who doesn't.

Anyways, I'm signing up!

3. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

The Brotherhood would be in as competition as well.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Having internal power struggles would be a welcome addition for factions looking to get a greater hold of land and resources on the planet. The controlling faction of the planet will however remain neutral, as they are more or less getting business from people buying space and selling goods. The only potential characters that may be involved with the faction in charge are possible drug peddlers. The "ruling" faction will remain mostly unseen, as this place is meant to be player driven.

There is no security force. Player can certainly take it up to establish gangs and claim sections of the planet as their turf, and set their own rules for their piece of the pie though. Just work with me to set it up.

5. Shag

Sounds good. I'll start setting everything up on my end to give it some life once it gets going.

6. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

What's the terrain/biome like?

7. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The planet is arid I believe. Mostly dirt, rock and sand. Generally inhospitable. The majority of the population will be below ground in a series of old tunnels and cavern systems.

8. SP3CTR3

What a rad idea!

9. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

In other words: the place likely won't get taken over by Dionaea or some other Floran tribe during its lifetime.

YES.

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Fun fact, I walked the planet surface and drained all water, and killed every plant and tree. Go figure.

11. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

I will join! Gotta human mechanic that needs somewhere to start, either here or a mini-event.

12. SP3CTR3

Twitch: If you start a forum for this world/colony, will you be allowing merchants to ply their wares on an ad thread?

13. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

When we open the intention is to have a forum. Players who own shops will be encouraged to have a thread there for their businesses.

14. SP3CTR3

Rad, that's perfection right there.

15. Shag

When will it open?

16. SP3CTR3

...And can it be called 'Lawless'?

17. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The hope is to go public this weekend.

18. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

Is there going to be a base structure? Something that the place starts out with? Other than just the tunnels I mean

19. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The main area is comprised of a piece of server history actually. This will be the main hub for the NPC side of stuff. The underground tunnel.system and caverns is the heart of the settlement, meant for player development. While I can't provides screams at work, I made the tunnels quite diverse, carved out lots of interesting places, and even added an intimidating section supported over a large cravas. Certainly willing to have more built on, but the purpose of this place is player involvement and growth.

The space is here for the players to fill it.

20. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

I'm hooked, this place sounds fantastic!

Does it have a name though?