1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Lag in other countries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donovennn, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

I'm from america, and this server is in canada. I've been lagging a lot lately, but this didn't happen before. is this just me or is the server doing something.

2. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

it depends what your internet provider is. you can be sitting right next to the server and still can't connect because your internet doesn't like the server IP. I don't know how else to tell you, but theres really nothing you can do about it.

3. PotatoSexMachine

PotatoSexMachine New Member

yeah I'm having so much lag it's becoming nearly unplayable for me

4. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

It's not so much the server location as much as just the general server lag. All kinds of variables that contribute to lag. Anything from people using mods that use custom assets (which is bannable) to something as simple as player count. The biggest thing is that Starbound is still in Early Access and, as the developers have stated, is also only a playable model right now. As such, it's open to a lot of issues like that in general. Lag being a common one.

5. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

^ pretty much this. Early Access doesn't usually involve smooth running :( If anything we're lucky things are as good as they are

6. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

Meanwhile I'm chilling in the Netherlands with hardly any ping and lovely fiber.

7. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Hey, I'm in Malaysia, and that's practically across the globe from Canada!
    I do lag a lot, but it's still playable, and usually I just keep any programs using in internet in the background (i.e Skype or any ongoing downloads on steam or otherwise) closed.
    Early access, ayy.