1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Katune Security

Discussion in 'Archives' started by EyesofMarch, May 5, 2015.

1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

USERNAME: Hakachi'Nija

Hello. Katune Security is announcing that new security measurs are being introduced to Katune. Along with Katunes new arrest database, Katune Security will begin installing cameras throughout the colony throughe the next week. Katune Security wants to make sure that your visit to Katune is safe and enjoiable and these new measures will make sure that Katune can better handle or prevent future issues from happening.

If you have any questions regarding security measures, you may ask them here. Hakachi and the rest of Katunes employment hopes you have a plesant day.

- Hakachi'Nija, Chief of Security

#1 EyesofMarch, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

When did Katune's security first begin to moonlight as hired killers?

- Harbinger

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Or torturers?

-Alo

4. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

These are not questions that will be answered. Katune Security provides assisstance to calls for help in Katunes sector of space and provides help as best it can. Hakachi is here to answer questions about new security measurs.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

- Harbinger

6. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Fixed for your ease of reading, Harbinger.

7. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Will these measures mean your security force will need to torture Grounded less often? Or kill and devour people in the streets? Or dispose of bodies without proper investigation?

Will, at the very least, this spark a decrease in internal corruption among the heads of security and government on Katune? I would not bet my tail-feathers on it...

-Alo

8. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Will this new footage from the cameras only be accessible to security?

-Turavis-

9. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Username: Oak

I would certainly hope so! I can understand the security of the colonies I frequent keep some sort of records in order to guarantee our protection or to be able to consult them in case of crime investigation. If they were to share it with outsiders, there'd better be a good reason to do so in the first place.

10. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Ironic, when the outsiders are the same people: 'visitors' and 'citizens' alike, anyone outside of security for that matter, are the people whom they're trying to earn the trust of with these improvements.

If they will not share any of the information they collect from these new cameras with the 'outsiders', how will they ever earn trust? It is given and gained, not to be expected spontaneously. If they are wise, they will consider a way to disclose footage with the public while maintaining safety.

I hope they are wise.

-Turavis-

11. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

It would seem we have a different opinion on the matter. I do not believe they should be required to share secure information like this, just to earn someone's trust. If you are either a visitor or a citizen of Katune, you have to abide by the local laws and rules. This also means agreeing to being recorded by their security system even if you've not got acces to their footage. I believe what i'm getting at is that if you decide to visit or live on their colony, you're required to offer some initial trust.

12. Optimism

Optimism Guest

I gave them my initial trust once, and now I see a Floran who assaulted me once without justified provocation made the Chief of Security. Pardon me if my personal trust is worn thin by that, and the violence attributed to the owner of the colony, and the lack of justice falling on a Faithless who pointed a firearm at a group of my kin when we rose from prayer to help an injured human who fell from the cafe balcony.

Am I selfish? Perhaps, but I've my life to lose, and they've shown indifferent interest in preserving it thus far. If they want trust, I ask them now: 'What do I get?'

Before I was courteous, and maybe foolishly so. No longer.

-Turavis-

13. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

Chief of security?? Kluex! That's the pluck that attacked a fellow avian just a few hours ago for bad temper! I think there's a lot of floran favoritism going on there and I swear they keep those plucking thugs from that one Disnodo Tribe or whatever hanging around there all the time just to back 'Chief of Security' up!

I swear it. Katune's not safe for avians!

- Herx-Amman

14. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

The way I see it Avians aren't safe for Avians, with this murdering of the Grounded that's been going around.

15. Solour

Solour a dad

As I, and my marines have asked, without an answer, Why is Katune's ever-so-small security leaving Katune at times? Isn't that against their whole job? To not be protecting Katune?

-B.B.

16. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Username Oak:

I do agree that that is somewhat of a problem. I once required to speak to a member of security myself and because of reasons i'd rather not share i wasn't able to explain in detail why i required to speak with them. I was then told by a "friend" of a security member that he could ask his friend, in security, to come, but he'd need to know why. So instead he didn't call his friend. If his friend truly was available at that time that's just negligence. I also tried contacting security by local planetary radio and i sent a signal throughout the system requesting the same, to no avail.

17. Coolguy

Coolguy Coolest mod around

Been thinking, Katune can be compared to New Chicago at this point. Started off nice place visit, nothing much happening. Attracts people. Lot of people means more people commit crime on. Criminals go there, commit crimes, more come because see crime, and figure "Why not do that too?". You see what New Chicago has become. Don't become that. Actually do job, and protect Katune before becomes New Chicago 2.0.
    -Militantmaneater

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The biggest criminals have been there from the start it would seem.

- Harbinger

19. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Recorded tapes from these new cameras will not be released to the public unles sensitive data has ben recorded and must be released in order to keep Katune citizens and visitors safe from harm.

Katune security also responds to distress signals in Katunes /local/ cluster. Threats to Katune may be off planet as well.

Hakachi has worked security for Katune for good amount of time. Hakachi apologizes for becoming angry. Has been a rough week. Much combat has been seen in Antares and Hakachi has been pushed to limits many times. Hakachi is trying to do best to improve Katune and asks that Avian to please send information regarding any usage of firearms on Katune to Hakachi via a private messag. Katune Security will be sure to handle it.

Hakachi always responds to calls if Hakachi is not busy in other important matters. Sometimes defending a colony as big as Katune can stretch resources thin. Katune is always seeking new applicants for security team.

Get over self. Thank you.

20. Kiva

Kiva New Member

This Sounds inproffesional and Can we please get a Public Statement from Katsune ?? I would like to know what the Official Stance is. and I think many others would too.
    - CASEY