1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Journal of JR17 (Jeremy Rinkson)

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by FallenDanish, Aug 18, 2016.

1. FallenDanish

FallenDanish New Member

This journal is made of lightweight, thin metal alloy sheets. It has hundreds of recycled paper sheets, some with drawings and maps, others with short notes and scribbles. After turning through several hundred pages, you find full, dated paragraphs.

18th OF AUGUST, 2016

I guess the only way to keep myself sane is to write in this here journal as much as possible. I need to work out a plan for my future and I need to do it now.
    For anyone who may find this here data journal, my name is Jeremy Rinkson, or JR17. I am a former Earthling and a human male. I recently escaped the horrors that obliterated my home planet, Earth, and have made my way to a cluster known as Antares. I am a well-mannered individual, looking for a new place to call home. I can farm, guard, raise livestock, and mine... and I will do it for anyone who wants it done.
    I am also a talented fighter, and can use a variety of firearms and melee weapons. However, I do not bind myself to morality; I bind myself to the contract of which a possible employer or contact wishes.

I have killed people. So... so many people.

But I did it because it needed to be done, regardless of what they did or what the contact did. While I surely have a significant amount of karma coming my way, it matters not to me. My time will come someday, and considering I survived the Earth disaster, I think that day is very far off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18TH OF AUGUST, 2016 - ENTRY 2

Another fucking merc tried to fuck up my opportunities for work. Ironic that no matter where you go, there's always some son of a bitch waiting to ruin everything you worked for. Thankfully, their version of the Internet, Skynet, has this built-in encryption-decryption system. That, coupled with my own personal technology, helped me modify my application to look a little more innocent than previously.

I also sent that bastard an encrypted UM, and tacked on a Class-5 self destruct function to it. Hopefully, this shit is over, and I can finally begin to make some dough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21ST OF AUGUST, 2016

It's been a couple days. My food rations are low; lower than I ever thought I'd let them get. My food synthesizer is broken and empty, which means I cannot replenish the supply anymore. I'm out of options. It's time to go down to a planet, and begin harvesting it for resources and food.
    Side-note, though... I have been at work building up some contacts in the area. I've found a few that match my usual radio frequency, and I'll be meeting them soon. One of them is notorious for hauling and shipping damn near anything they are asked to... I think I could definitely use this to my advantage. Plus, the owner is a strung-out drug abuser... a few stimpaks should loosen up his thoughts on transporting me and my goods anywhere for free.

#1 FallenDanish, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016