1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Jamie: Draw mediocre art ==>

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Jamie Scarlet, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Jamie Scarlet

Jamie Scarlet New Member

View attachment 3457

So I've recently decided to, after 18 years, take up my life-long dream of drawing. I have done about 2 other sketches in my lifetime, and I'm finally getting serious about it, and I'm actually really confident in my starting point (even if it's still pretty shitty, I don't care.) To start, I have a small sketch of my character, Jamie. I still don't wanna bother even attempting clothes or colouring until I'm more confident with my general anatomy. Tell me what you guys think, and feel free to post artwork of your own characters! I love seeing other people's artwork.

Attached Files:

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Word of advice, practice hands and feet. Proportions will always take some time, especially since they vary from person to person. Hands are pretty important, and while you can hide them a number of ways, just bite the bullet and dive in.

3. Jamie Scarlet

Jamie Scarlet New Member

aaaaaa hank you i definitely will work on my hands and feet for now! a few people have told me that actual styule and stuff develops over time so that makes a lot more sense now thank

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Certainly a good start!

I'm certainly no pro, but I've been doing a little bit of sketching and graphic 'art' in the past year or so, inspired by this server of course. So I suppose we are fellow learners! At this point, it seems like you're doing really well anatomy-wise, although I agree with Twitch that hands and feet tend to be particularly tricky.

My advice is really to use the internet to your tremendous advantage. There are bajillions of sites and tutorials for this stuff, from the fundamentals of body proportion to detailing fabric and suggesting motion. For example, you mentioned drawing clothing? When I had this problem I googled "how to draw clothes manga" and the first result was just what I needed. This is the case with most things that I have had trouble with.

Overall, sketch whenever you're not busy doing something else (like when the server is down!) and reap the benefits of having an internet connection. I'd be happy to offer any advice if you need any, amateur to amateur, noob to noob. If ya can, ask a pro for help first. I havent taken an art class since middle school, and I'm an engineering student, so.... yeah.

Keep it up! :)

5. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

that picture doesn't look pg friendly

6. Solour

Solour a dad

2cute. Earl of approval.
    [​IMG]

7. Jamie Scarlet

Jamie Scarlet New Member

aaaaaaaaaa i love you guys so much you're all being really supportive and i really appreciate it holy you're all beqautiful beautiful people and i hope you get a lot of chocolate and if you can't eat chocolate then i ope you get something else that makes you rly rly happy

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

Is good art yis

It's really good though. 10/10

9. Jamie Scarlet

Jamie Scarlet New Member

well ima keep uploading art since this is my thread and i attempted colouring/kind of doing clothing. i was pretty lay about it and i'll use better methods than i did next time, but i'm still pretty happy with the result!
    View attachment 3471
    yes jamie's crying, she watched her family die and learned about all of her friends died, just to be further torn with emotions and anxiety. she can cry all she wants

Attached Files:

10. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

Jamie? Crying? Nuuuu! Gimmie a thump sometime, I miss roleplaying with ya- and I live your art. :D

11. Raideck

Raideck Member

Nuuuuuu

Everything looks great but don't be afraid to get into the feet.