1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Item Wizardry! (A custom item creation guide)

Discussion in 'Modding Guides' started by Clem, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Hey everyone, Clem here.

This is a constant WIP guide based off feedback, required input and general knowhow that is wanted by people.

First off, you need a few things!

Starcheat : (Download link later, it is not out yet officially!)
    Drawable Generator : Link
    Animation code package : Link (Extract somewhere after downloading!)
    A sprite, ready to go!
    (For demonstration purposes, I will use a sword)

First you spawn the desired item you wish to edit.

Once you have the desired altAbility for your weapon as you wish. Save and exit the game and open up starcheat and the drawable generator.

First we'll start with the generator.

[​IMG]

1. First you locate your sprite and locate the image to the folder you saved it to.
    2. Then you position it to your desired position using the window, for a sword it would be handy that it is safely in your hand. Yes? Okay, good!
    3. Now you press the plain text button, the method of getting workable code is easier with this. Since everything is already neatly positioned for you.

The popup doesnt make sense, yeah? To me it doesn't either, but here comes together a combination of two parts. For this part I suggest you have two notepad windows open. (I suggest getting notepad++, since it allows you to use multiple tabs in the same window.)

One with the .animation of the item you are going to edit and the other to work code with. For now, this would be the broadsword.animation.

In the plain text window you scroll until you come across this.

[​IMG]

You might see multiple of those further down the window, select them all until you have them all. Make sure that at the last part you take the two } under the ]!

Once you have done that you can paste it into the empty notepad window.

[​IMG]

In the parts you need to add the highlighted part under the property of each D_* part. That will tell the game that it is part of the weapon, and thus will make the image behave as such as well.

[​IMG]

In the broadswordcombo.animation, you replace whatever is present into the highlighted parts. (This will make the stuff disappear you dont want it to use!)

[​IMG]

Now you take the code D_* parts and put them above the blade part. Once you have done that, be sure to add a COMMA to the } above the blade part, just like in the highlighted area in the image.

Inside starcheat you take everything inside the broadswordcombo.animation and put it inside a new paramater.
    It'd be smart to have found the sword or gun you wanted to edit in starcheat!

The next set of images will help you in doing that!

[​IMG]

For the next part, I added numbers that need to be followed in the correct order in order to allow the process to go smoothly.

[​IMG]

1. In the first highlited box you type in the same as I typed.
    2. In the second highlighted box you will paste the edited broadswordcombo.animation text. (Yes, all of it)
    3. Now you press OK two times and Save the edits you have made to the character.

If everything was done correctly, it should work. With some things appearing out of place, such as the swooshes. Dont worry about that now. Later I will write a chapter on that.

Getting the correct code in the right place is important, I cannot stress this enough or things will simply not appear at all!

#1 Clem, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.