1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Is it possible to change the Handedness of Broadswords in StarCheat anymore?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destroyer713, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Destroyer713

Destroyer713 New Member

The recent update added a Parry function to Broadswords, and as a result screwed up my usual method of making a Broadsword able to be held in a character's right hand, rather than the left by default. By converting a Broadsword to a one-handed weapon now, you'll only be able to use one of a Broadsword's two functions depending on which hand the weapon's held in.

My big question here is, is it possible to change which hand the Broadsword's held in while in the idle position at all while keeping it a two-handed weapon? While it is only a minor detail, it would be nice if I could get my supposedly right-handed character to actually use their weapons with their right hand. Although I suppose it's not a huge deal to just say they're now left-handed, but I'm curious if this can be done regardless.

2. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

As far as I know, it is not. The sword drawable is placed above the character layer so it will always appear to be over top of the character, no matter what direction you face, so it appears as if your character is switching hands every time they turn, if they're using the weapon two-handed. Or, I could be crazy and completely wrong about this, so don't take my word for it.