1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Inventories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xenos, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Xenos

Xenos New Member

My way of doing things involving the -massive-, size-ignoring inventories of the characters is to either severely nerf it IC, or use some sort of device that shrinks things and stores them in the slots. But I'm wanting to know what -you- people use to explain it, or do about it, because it's been bothering me for a while.

2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Most of us explain it by not having all that stuff ICly there with us all the time.

3. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Basically, carrying a reasonable amount of stuff on the character, allowing more if there's bag/pouch etc. and storing stuff at different places: ship, house...

I've seen before playing with a shrink device, I find that cheesy. (Mostly used to spam whatever is needed right at that moment or lotsa weaponz. Not cool).

(How many belts do you have?
    ALL OF THEM)

4. Xenos

Xenos New Member

Typically, though, what I do is my hotbar and one or two lines of my inventory is what I have IC. other than that, the rest is typically considered OOC.

5. Sen

Sen Guest

What do you mean I can't carry around 640 tonne's of steel in my pocket?

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

impervium*

7. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Overall, as has been stated, it's generally just a good plan to think of what realistically would be possible for your character to carry. Carrying something like... a sidearm on their hip, rifle on their back, backpack with assorted equipment inside, etc. That stuff is acceptable. Carrying something like three rocket launchers, five different types of heavy rifles, a gattling gun, and a giant shipping container.... is not okay.

8. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

*Fills inventory with shipping containers, then proceeding to take them out of my Ass-Tardis and stack up to the sky.*

9. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

But can your ass-Tardis travel through the vortex of time and space, hmm?

10. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-