1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Introducing: crystalTap, the new arena based sport

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Tulipa, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Tulipa

Tulipa New Member

Do you have that desire to whip out your blade, jump into an arena but not meet a sharp fate?
    Do you want to enjoy close combat when the objective isn't necessarily to run each other through?

Then look no further than the new latest hit sport, crystalTap, where the name of the game actually describes what you have to do pretty well!

The sport is simple: syM - pel. There are two teams, with usually around 1-4 players on each team. The objective (uhb-jek-tiv) is to stop the opposing team turning your crystal from red to green. This is very important. At the same time, you must also turn their crystal from, again, red to green. Whoever's crystal is green loses. If both crystals are activated at similar times, the one to first turn green determines the winner. If this is too close to figure out, the game goes to a sudden death where you have until 3 minutes to activate the opposing crystal.

Arenas will be designed with smooth surrounding surfaces (including floor) with the two crystals at either end. The arenas can be any shape but must have an equal amount of travel time between objectives, meaning arenas with obstacles need to be fair.

NO RANGED WEAPONRY, TECHS, OR OTHER BULLFROG ALLOWED.

An example of a small arena, built into a ship:

[​IMG]

Arenas are open to customization provided they follow arena rules.

List of sport rules:
    • Only melee weapons can be allowed, so don't bring your six-shooter and expect to get in!
    • If you go out of bounds of the arena, the other players have to wait for you to get back in the boundaries before they can move. This rule can be edited to have a set time in which if the out-of-bounds player does not return, they other player can move freely.
    • Techs are strictly forbidden.
    • On the event of a serious injury, the injured must vacate the arena. A serious injury can include (but is not limited to): Dismemberment, decapitation, deep wounds, unconsciousness, impalement, and blindness. This rule can be edited to: Be ignored entirely OR have the player inflict the serious injury also leave the arena for the remaining match.

List of arena rules:
    • No biased advantages in arena design.
    • Smooth walls, floors, ceilings if applicable.
    • No integrated weaponry.
    • No mazes! Seriously, no one likes those.
    • Crystals MUST transition from RED TO GREEN.

(( OOC notes:
    Fight using dice, turns, whatever floats your space-boat. Just allow fair and equal chances whilst doing so.

In all means, I'd love to see this become an in game sport instead of the bog-standard arenas I used to see back in the day. I am open to suggestions and requests for the rules and how the game should be played. This took me a while, so I hope you all appreciate it, and if not, oh well. ))

Attached Files:

2. Tallen

Tallen New Member

*logged in as [email protected]*

It is reassuring to know that in the event that I am decapitated or dismembered the one who inflicted that damage upon me has to leave the arena for the remainder of the match.

Maker above, what is it with organics and sports that result in bloodbaths? How is this a "hit sport"? There is nothing in the rules to try to alleviate injury such as utilizing blunt weaponry instead of live steel. These rules also seem incredibly off; in the event of sudden death you have three minutes to turn the opposing crystal green... but what happens if the three minutes pass? This all sounds like something made by a Floran to kill organics and claim it is a sport before carting off the body to be eaten elsewhere.

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

CRYSTALTAP SOUNDS LIKE SLANG NAME FOR METH
    LOOKS INTERESING THOUGH
    -ROX

4. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Sound like fun.

Floran will grow an arena for this.

Nurora.

5. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I'll stick with Ullamalizti, but it seems like a good sport for Florans and Novakids.

- quackattack19