1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Interstellar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Toadkid1234, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I saw this movie, I thought it was pretty freaking great if you just ignore the whole "space magic" thing toward the end. Highly recommend it to all you astronomy nerds, scifi geeks, and other parties. Anyone else see it?

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Also, they used actual ray tracing and spacetime curvature physics to figure out what a black hole would look like to make it as realistic as possible. Sickest thing ever.
    [​IMG]

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

OKAY FINE I'LL WATCH THIS

4. Optimism

Optimism Guest

The music was pleasant when they didn't turn it up to the point that it was deafening.

The environmental themes and atmospheres were impressive.

Those are the good things I have to say.

5. Dark Lord Stan

Dark Lord Stan The Recoloring Master

I can see why some scientist are in a love-hate relationship with the movie. The "space-magic" as Toadkid already mentioned that was included. But overall, I think it is a great movie that many people who are it sci-fi and space exploration would enjoy. I do also find the family undertone of it that drives the main character.