1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Interstellar News Network: Floran Attack on Port Last, Coincidence?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Solanidae, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Solanidae

Solanidae New Member

**This Article is found on the front page of the INN website**

[​IMG]

Written by Janio Zayen

Recently Port Last has come under fire, a large band of Florans said to be from the Blackleaf tribe have launched an attack. INN focuses on getting these stories to the masses, so an undercover reporter was sent straight to the front lines to collect information. With Civillian casualties reaching levels of absurdity, one can only help but wonder if Port Last is truly being protected by those who "guard" it.

[​IMG]
    A medic tending to the wounds of one of the countless injured at the hands of their Floran attackers

When the Blackleaf attacked, could the Floran residents of Port Last be trusted? Although it's uncertain how many turned coat, given the violent nature of Florans it seems only to be expected that a large number did. With it difficult to tell friend from foe, friendly fire is very common. The small team of medics cannot keep up with the amount injured in this bloodbath.

[​IMG]
    This image contains content from Viacom, who blocked it on copyright grounds.

With the brutality of these invaders being put on full display for the people of Port Last to see, it remains unanswered what will become of Port Last's policy on Florans. It would seem that to prevent similar situations from arising, allowing humans to live alongside a race that historically has treated them as food is not a safe policy. Can the powers at be truly be trusted with the well being of those who live under their protection?

#1 Solanidae, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  2. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

God bless you, not enough folks are showing this true side of the story.

-ANARCHRIST

3. Vornvynzar

Vornvynzar New Member

Another quality article, Janio!

As always, INN is dedicated to delivering the truth to the people. The news people deserve to know!

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Kluex, seems Opportunity is under constant attack, from what I've seen so far.
    - Siarra Sterling

5. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

Oh god! I was just there last night whenever there was a guy who bombed the place by having a suit full of explosives and blowing himself up! I broke both my legs and now I run around with ugly braces on the bottom of my legs! This colony ain't safe!
    P.S: If you want a safer place, come to Gum! Protected by the highly-dedicated GSF!

--TachiNono
    ((Tachi's profile))

6. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Roberto*
    *uploads a time-stamped picture of him at the beampad*
    LISTEN UP YOU FUCKS.
    I am currently embroiled in this conflict.
    Those Florans in the photos are on the RA's side, and are fighting to defend Opportunity from the Blackleaf tribe's assault. No other tribes are involved.
    IN ADDITION
    As you can see, some Blackleafs have even joined the resistance against the invaders.
    this article is not merely biased, but contains outright falsifications, and I am willing to provide the pictures to prove it so, should anyone ask.

7. Sen

Sen Guest

^
    liar

- bob

8. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Seconded.

9. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*rob*
    That's quite a broad definition you have there? care to elaborate? What parts are fake?
    I'm more than willing to clear up any questions.

10. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

Thirded, even though that's like not even a word.
    -TachniNoNo
    ((Tachi's Profile))

11. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Rob*
    Well it seems I have quite the case built against me, hmm?
    tell ya what. You tell me what I'm lying about, and I find a picture to prove you wrong, hm?

EDIT:
    SPEAKING OF WHICH

BOOM

View attachment 2643
    *in addition to the Floran and armored figure, there is a sign resting by the couch with a timestamp and the words "defenders of Opportunity" on it. The Floran is clearly a sapling or young at least, and has rarely if ever held a gun before.*

There's a looot more where that came from, let me tell ya.

Attached Files:

#11 Donovennn, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  12. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

*recording starts*

*hissy laughter, with the sound of a text-to-speech program reciting the news. The laughter dies down finally*

*content sigh*
    Hoomun too funny...
    Will ssstab lassst. Makesss good comedian for Warchief.

*recording ends*

13. Sen

Sen Guest

foliage different
    is liar
    - bob

14. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Roberto*
    Well that's interesting. The picture that used to be there was taken down and replaced.
    Now, y'see, I'm actually pretty happy with that.
    the picture that the INN is now showing actually contains a genuine Floran aggressor, not one of our own.
    I don't like the way this news site treats Florans, but at least this time you managed to snap a picture of an actual enemy, which is good.
    So yeah congratulations on doing some actual reporting.

EDIT: also how did you get that picture? no enemies made it past the front lines, and he's in a house, so you would have to be in no man's land to get that.

15. Sen

Sen Guest

^
    such lie
    much fake
    - bob

16. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

(( how did you get the pictures, when you weren't there IC?))

As one of the involved parties, my Personal opinion is, that this news channel seems to be corrupted and is not displaying the whole truth. Leaving out important information on purpose.

#16 Eleven, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  17. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

18. Solanidae

Solanidae New Member

(( INN has inside sources that we are not obligated to reveal, taking IC squabbles over inconsequential details and turning them into OOC drama is cool as well however. ))

19. Animator

Animator New Member

(( Locked under investigation of potential metagaming; may be re-opened once everything is clear. ))

20. Animator

Animator New Member

(( Reopened. We're cool here. ))