1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Interstellar News Network: Black Market Predator Exposed - She Wants Your Lungs And Liver!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Solanidae, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Solanidae

Solanidae New Member

[​IMG]

Interstellar News Network: Black Market Predator Exposed - She Wants Your Lungs And Liver!

Authored by Janio Zayen

(( OOC: All quotes in this article link to a corresponding recording of “Butcher” Kyren “Davies” along with digital signatures proving their authenticity. ))

In this exclusive edition of Interstellar News Network, we expose the foulest of predators sucking the blood out of the impoverished residents of the Mawl - and we mean it literally! Our undercover reporter has revealed that the operator of the local Mawl clinic, known as “Butcher Davies”, is taking limbs and organs from the sick for her own profit. These shocking recordings bring to light a dark cycle on the Mawl - how this so-called “doctor” offers bandits and thugs a share of the black market price in exchange for creating violence on the street - violence that brings unsuspecting injured individuals to her butcher shop.

[​IMG]
    “Butcher Davies” surrounded by the tools of a medical predator.
    “Most species have a spare organ or two, more than able to remove it.” the unsuspecting Davies explains to INN’s undercover reporter. She elaborates on which targets are the most suitable, revealing how this monster has remained undetected for so long. “F' instance, kidneys are good considerin' the amount of heavy drinkers around here bu' they're pretty easy to get your hands on. Seein' as you can remove one from someone and they can still be kicking.”

[​IMG]
    This unsuspecting medical clinic is the source of many lost livers and lives.
    Stealing organs is only side of the coin - the depth of this horror story is revealed in these recordings from “Butcher Davies” speaking to a group of mercenaries.

“Y' got anything you can trade with? Like I said, organs'll do.” The predator explains to the mercenaries and, unwittingly, our undercover reporter. It’s not just a one-off transaction - to “Butcher Davies”, this is a business model. "Organ or two'd be worth more than the cost of fixing her up, more than happy to credit it against any future business."

The last piece of the puzzle fits into place as “Butcher Davies” explains the real deal-breaker: “You boys find yourself in the habit of bringing me customers, you can consider any fixin' up you need on me.”.

[​IMG]
    Military-grade surveillance technology gives us a glimpse of the reaper’s harvest.
    The Mawl is a vicious cycle of violence and death - all fuelled by one heartless woman’s greed to steal and sell hearts. Armed with the truth, we hope this special edition of INN prevents future victims to this macabre scam, and justice for those crippled, maimed and murdered by “Butcher Davies”.

2. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

You better watch out.

I'm coming for your cripples.

- HardShock

3. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

I heard old Norse "doctors" (I guess? They were primitive ones, at most) once ran schemes like this: they would have some thug break something (like a knee) and charge for each piece of arrow, bone, debris etc. they pulled out. I don't think they had head of the Hippocratic Oath yet. - E

4. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

Bringing up the Hippocratic Oath is sort of irrelevant, since doctor's four hundred years ago still didn't use it save a handful of various medical institutions. There's plenty of ways to become a certified doctor without ever having anything to do with any sort of oath, and "legal" ways at that.

The original oath itself forbids any form of surgery and was never held up as anything but a basic framework of principles beyond historical times, and has been rewritten so many times it's difficult to even keep track of what the oath is at this point.

But yes, charging for the removal of each piece of debris is an interesting idea, and probably a profitable one.

Also buying dead bodies by the way, and selling information on INN undercover reporters.

If I don't get any prospective buyers for said information, I'll be forwarding it to the Dionae free of charge.

I'm sure the murdersalads would love to know who your reporter is, and which on-world company the INN is affiliated with.

Here's to you, INN.

- HardShock