1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Interesting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roskii, May 15, 2014.

1. Roskii

Roskii New Member

2. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

I've known about those for ages, at the moment everything points to them being disfigured Apex from failed gene therapy.

Just a victim of the Miniknog.

At the minute it's just a rare easter-egg sort of thing. There are a couple of those, one I can name that you can't access directly is the in progress Ocean Biome that with abit of coding can be accessed ingame.

I guess technically you could play one but without any lore or such to base your character on, not even where your race came from or what it exactly is, I don't see that being fun at all, more a 'I'm being different to be different' kinda thing.

#2 SirFruitcakes, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  3. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

Wasn't there a wild population of them on Mattis' planet?

4. Animator

Animator New Member

These things are known as Rainbow Villagers, or Rabbit Villagers, due to their rabbit-like appearance. They have the exact same dialouge as Apex NPCs, but they also have a couple of original lines that imply that they weren't always like this, and that they may or may not the result of Apex experimentation. They've been around since forever, but they're usually not spotted on planets unless you find a Rainbow Mini Biome, to which the likelihood of them being there is quite high.

They're laughably incomplete and barely even implemented properly yet, if there are even plans to implement them fully at all. Don't get too attached to them.