1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Interest Check - The Conglomerate

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by WrongEndoftheRainbow, Aug 7, 2014.

1. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

[​IMG]
    Current logo really shitty, temporary until my friend can get the actual logo finished
    The Conglomerate

[​IMG]
    The Conglomerate is a conglomerate ((Duh.)) of corporations forming a pseudo-government, with profit, power, and territory as the main goals. I conceived it to take the RA and Holy Fleet's place with extreme mercantilism and colony occupation. It's official name is Tagal Alliance.

[​IMG]
    The Conglomerate would start out as a crippled battle fleet ((Read: One cruiser and a few smaller ships)) retreating into the frontier following a surprise attack by the First, Third, and Fourth Holy Fleets during a war with the Florans. After repairing the fleet, the faction would be focused on making profits wherever possible and occupying territory, using dirty tactics in battles such as biological warfare and targeting civilian infrastructure such as hospitals and civil services. The Conglomerate would also make heavy use of mercenary factions and criminal factions, paying them to do things such as harass enemies or protect personnel, in place of regular soldiers.

To deal with the problem of the small playerbase, the faction would take a unique approach on how it is RP'd. Instead of trying to RP every part of the faction, the players would be focused onto the TAV Tau Ceti, a cruiser. This would allow for fleshed out workroles, while still allowing reasonable faction expansion through the way of NPCs doing tasks such as handling colony court cases. An official flowchart of the jobs would be this:

[​IMG]
    Note that this is not what will be used.

In practice, you will deal with this flowchart:

[​IMG]

A breakdown of the most important roles are as followed:
    ---
    CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
    Self explanatory.

CHIEF ENGINEER
    The Chief Engineer's job is to ensure the smooth operation of the TAV Tau Ceti, by organizing the work of the engineers and helmsmen.

CHIEF OF HOSPITALITY
    The Chief of Hospitality's job is to ensure that bars and kitchens are staffed, the hospitals are running smoothly, and a profit is made overall for The Conglomerate.

CHIEF OF SECURITY AND SPECIAL OPERATIONS
    The CSSO's job is to ensure the safety of Tagal Alliance personnel through the organization of the police core, and the ensured completion of special operations.
    ---
    The Conglomerate overall would be a mix of 1800s America, the Terran Republic and New Conglomerate, the Combine, and WW2 Germany.

It has some equipment, too!

THE XM8 MK42 ANTI-PERSONNEL WEAPON
    [​IMG]
    DESCRIPTION:
    The XM8 Mark 42 Anti-Personnel Weapon (XM8 APW) is a new breath of life on the XM8 design, improved over the span of 400 years. It boasts better accuracy, a chambering that fits .45 ACP cartridges, a 20 round clip, and a semi-automatic to burst fire mode.​

THE KONTAKT-5 SPECIAL FORCES PROTECTIVE ARMORING
    [​IMG]
    DESCRIPTION:
    The Kontakt-5 Special Forces Protective Armoring (KSPA) is a mixture of kevlar and hyperthin durasteel plating, to provide an optimal weight-to-protection ratio. Capable of withstanding most environments, it is a mainstay of the TA military might.​

THE KONTAKT-4 LAW ENFORCEMENT KEVLAR SUIT
    [​IMG]
    DESCRIPTION:
    A veteran suit of the Tagal Alliance, it is a generation behind but still persists. An incredibly reliable armor, it is often still considered equal to the Kontakt-5 series. It features a lightweight suit of dense kevlar weave designed to take 9MM rounds with ease. It has been known to withstand up to 5.56 MM cartridges, albeit quickly losing it's protective abilities to the bigger rounds.​

[​IMG]
    The Conglomerate started out in a different sector, away from the frontier. It was an alliance with the mega-corp Tagal Mining Syndicate and various smaller corporations, to govern the star clusters already in Corporate control. Quickly beating down the governments of said star clusters, the faction spread quickly. Shortly following the end of the first wave of expanse, ten battle fleets were formed, 'Dragon Fleet', 'Home Fleet', 'Expanse Fleet', 'Libra Fleet', 'Aries Fleet', 'Aquila Fleet', 'Jungle Fleet', 'Channel Fleet', 'Cyber Fleet', and 'Southern Fleet'. These fleets were organized into several battlegroups. The Assault Armada, consisting of Dragon Fleet, Jungle Fleet, and Channel Fleet. Secondly, The Core Cluster Armada, consisting of Aries Fleet, Aquila Fleet, Libra Fleet, and Home fleet. And finally, The Outer Clusters Armada, consisting of Cyber Fleet and Southern Fleet.

The Assault Armada immediately got to work, annexing planet after planet. They eventually hit a wall, following a failed incursion into Floran territory. The following war was a stalemate, the Outer Clusters Armada coming to the Assault Armada's aid. The war would be cut short by the Avians, the First Holy Fleet moving into Conglomerate territory and overpowering the Core Cluster Armada, cutting supply lines and starving the two other Armadas. The only surviving Fleet, Aries Fleet, retreating into the frontier with less then 3 percent of their original forces. The rest of the Conglomerate territory fell victim to Floran or Avian expansion.

Anybody interested in this? I've been working on it a while and I'm hoping it'll work out.

#1 WrongEndoftheRainbow, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. WrongEndoftheRainbow

Shamelessly bumping this. It's really disheartening when more then half the views are from me. I can understand if nobody's interested, but I've been working on the idea for a month and it'd really suck if it just bombs.

3. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

The idea, not bad.
    You still need to polish this and actually do it. It could work if you do it right, I think.

4. WrongEndoftheRainbow

I already have a plan in place if it gets enough attention -- I just need to get ship designs, uniforms, and some basic weapon designs (I'll buy from the gun industries in the market threads for most weapons), and players for the crippled fleet's arrival event. From there I also have design plans and an idea of where I'll go.

5. WrongEndoftheRainbow

Bumping the thread to say this: I need players to play characters in the faction above all else. I'm bad at uniform, weapon, and ship design and I can't do those things alone.

6. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Hm, it actually sounds like a good idea. I'll offer to do the custom weapons, either ICly as Jace or just OOCly if you need. I enjoy it. The Holy Fleet adn the Armada, while controversial ICly, were actually some of my favorite factions, present USCM excluded, when it came to RP...ness. Another suggestion: Not many people check the Roleplay planning thread, and if they do they just click the quick link to the latest post. Id consider posting this as well somewhere else, maybe in General, ICly, as a broadcast form the borked spaceships, or OOCly in another thread, maybe ask foryour own faction subforum. Of course, you'd have to be dedicated. All in all, good luck!

7. WrongEndoftheRainbow

Some custom weapons would be great. Olcon's already made one, but I still need a Designated Marksman Rifle. A huge update to the check is coming soon, including flowcharts, uniforms, updates to the sections, etc etc.

8. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

I'd love to help you. Seriously, PM me. I'd love to help build ships/type stuff.

9. WrongEndoftheRainbow

Big update to the OP. Changes include new headers, new equipment (Thanks Olcon <3), and some more pictures and further clarification on how the faction will be RP'd. Please keep in mind I'll need at least 4 people if the Tagal Alliance is to begin an arrival event. Add me on Skype if you're interested, ShadowOfAMan (Jacob .).

10. Shinki

Shinki New Member

I love the idea.
    Especially the mercantilism and capitalism, as those are exactly what my character (Septimus) stands for.
    Perhaps he could fill in one of the higher ranks, or even better, get added to the conglomerate? Moriya Merchanting is getting old and inactive, we need better RPs. Even better- I pixel weapons and color armor, so I could potentially be quite an asset.
    If you want to check out Sept, then simply scroll through the character journals- he's hunting pirates these days.
    As for Ships, I'd be welcome to add to your fleet MMN Kongou, first of the Kongou-class line.

Loyalty Until Death. Strength through Unity.

However, other people have tried the conglomerate idea and failed. Just a warning. *Cough cough I love planetside 2*

11. WrongEndoftheRainbow

I actually didn't intend for it to be a copy from PS2. I was more basing it off of corporate Conglomerates.

That being said, it wouldn't make sense for you to suddenly join up with your ship, I'd likely be issuing standard issue equipment required to be used during active duty. As it currently stands, I need ship designs, 7 players, builders for the arrival event, and people experienced in R&D roleplay. I'd recommend making an alt to get the faction chugging along rather then just plain adding your character to it, not to say he can come in later once everything's stabilized and recruitment is started up.

12. Shinki

Shinki New Member

Aye then. I've been dying to create a Kriegsmarine character anyway.
    It'll be tough work making another ship, but I've been thinking of either making a destroyer (Leberecht Maass) or cruiser (Prinz Eugen)

13. Narfball

Narfball narfball

bumping this because i like the idea and would fully support it. might make a character for it later

legs sexually off into the night

14. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I would gladly help with building as well as joining, PM me.

15. WrongEndoftheRainbow

We're still in need of interested people -- We can't do much with only 2 or 3 people.

16. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

An interesting idea, I would be happy to jump aboard with this.

Also, you're pretty good at making flowcharts, m8.