1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[INTEREST CHECK] Raid on a Pirate Band - OPEN FOR EVERYONE

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Shag, Nov 13, 2014.

?

What do you think?

1. Go home and die.

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. ...Meh.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. I like it!

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Could be better.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. plantdicks pls

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Okay so I know this seems kind of sketchy. What would be the point of this? Well it's very simple really. Money.
    A lot of people have shady income sources that aren't clear and some people might be upset because of that, so I tried to make this event for people to have fun and to have a reasonable and LIMITED source of income.

Say, 200 000 pixels in loot, plus whatever you can salvage from the ship. Drugs, low-grade weaponry, makeshift armor, building materials, electronics, etc.

I'll put out the main idea and what's going on.
    Recently a small fleet of pirates tried to ransack a colony, but failed. Horribly so. After being fended off by the colony's defenses, and taking heavy losses the pirates retreated and have been on the run from the colony's fleets and opportunistic mercenaries and foolish adventurers. During the escape, the pirate band divided itself into two groups to halve the pursuing ships, and took two different routes to reach the same rendezvous point.
    After "successfully" (not really) evading enemy forces, the first group of the pirates landed on a deserted planet to resupply and provide emergency repairs to their ship.

Basically Shadow (my character) was informed by behind-the-scenes characters (that formed part of his merc band before he came to Antares) that at some point during the battle, crucial information was seized by them.

This is where we come in. After receiving the info, Shadowstep hands the data pad to a friend of his by the name of "Spark" with the condition that he will receive 2/15th's of the gained loot as his finder's fee. Spark agrees and decrypts the data. After analyzing it he realizes that this is too much for him to handle. So he will look for mercenaries that will team up with him to take down the rest of the mercenaries. This is the point where any other faction can infiltrate the merc group, and give out the coordinates to their own faction so as to come in whenever they want (preferably during the battle) to take up the spoils. However! It doesn't end here! IF any other faction joins and jumps into the fray, before completely obliterating the pirates stationed in the planet, the second group of pirates mentioned before, will arrive and ambush the opportunistic mercs and faction members. At this point, any side can win and any side can pull out whenever they want (within reason of course, meaning, no sudden money-grab and beam off).

This is going to take a lot of people, which is why I want most of the server to participate on this. Alts and throwaways are allowed, but not to overwhelming numbers (say, 4-6 people per faction 4-8 if including throwaways with main characters). This is supposed to be a surprise meet up between the factions, mercs and pirates, not open war. Though it's pretty close to it .

factions can choose to team up,and mercs can also choose to go solo and use the backdoor.
    Keep in mind your character will most likely be injured. Death is only required for throwaways, for main characters consent must be given. If you attempt to shoot a main character in a vital point that secures certain death without consent, the bullet with either ricochet off or simply miss the target no matter how 'good and perfect' your aim is.
    Please put down some opinions and ideas.

EDIT: Time and date will be decided later

2. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

We have enough pirate bands.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

Now that you've written the series of events down, there's no need to roleplay it.

4. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Welp. Screwed up royally.