1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Institution for the Advancement and Protection of Humanity: Asani Meeting

Discussion in 'Archives' started by SlashBolt, Dec 30, 2014.

1. SlashBolt

SlashBolt New Member

[Seeing as not everybody I petitioned to attend can not be expected to be online at the same time as the meeting, I figured this was the best alternative to an in-game meeting, where we can roleplay and develop to our leisure.]

Anne sat down at the large, wooden table, posture straight, like a proper lady. The turnout was more or less what she expected, certainly not too crowded for the small building she had rented for the meeting. Leaning forward and putting her elbows on the table, she cleared her throat, then began the welcome.
    "Hello. Thank you for attending this rather thrown together meeting of the IAPH. If you are here, perhaps you've seen my post on Starnet, or perhaps I approached you and asked to come. Either way, I cannot express my gratitude for the interest shown in my organization by the members of this colony. Many of us are from different backrounds, but we each have one thing in common: we are threatened by several perils and have been ever since that fateful day on Earth. Hopefully, we can work together to bring about a solution and triumph over these problems. We might disagree as to what the most effective methods are, but, we will respect each other's personal opinions and philosophies."
    She gave a small smile.
    "Now, before we begin the meeting, why don't we introduce ourselves? My name is Anne Kreid. My father was a Major in the USCM Navy. I was thirteen years old when Earth fell, and before then, I lived in a country house in Maine of North America."