1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Improving Tetanus Fields

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaMatt, Aug 5, 2014.

1. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

It seems that many of us in the community have been having introspective discussions lately. No better time to have a discussion about Tetanus Fields as well!

Tetanus has been around for quite some time. What once was a colony bustling with activity has faded into a ghost town. I've tried out a couple of approaches for bringing in activity but for the most part the interest we generate is fleeting. This is where I need your help:

What are your reasons for not visiting Tetanus? What can we do to improve Tetanus? What experiences are you looking for that Tetanus might be able to provide in the future?

I understand that for many of you there are completely valid in character reasons for your characters to avoid Tetanus. It is a scummy den for outcasts and criminals to lay low after all. However there are factions and characters on the server that might fit right in but that I've never seen around. I would very much appreciate your input.

I could use as much feedback as possible: suggestions, concerns, criticisms, even if you are new or don't know Tetanus very well. I'm also open to PMs or steam chats if you'd rather talk privately. I don't claim to be a great leader, or a great RPer, but I like to think I'm a reasonable and friendly person.

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Other places more or less stole the thunder Tetanus had as the first real industrial themed planet. There is no real reason, in character, for visit a dump. It needs something more unique the its theme now. I know prior to taking a break from playing on server, I had been interested in the rebellion plotline that had sprung up, but that ship has obviously sailed.

The inhospitable nature of Tetanus is something you can possibly try to focus on more, and perhaps bring in other factions/colonies to make use of the space. An easy example would be having a military group build a prison compound there. The storms would keep people from fleeing, it's hard to break orbit due to the debris, etc.

Or press the "lawless" vibe like Tetanus was founded on, and reach out to offer protection for anyone regardless of their past crimes (so long as it wasn't on Tetanus).