1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Illegal Crops?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by JimHarrison, May 25, 2014.

1. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Maybe I'm not using this section correctly - please move it if I goofed, but I was planning on starting some illegal, underground farms in a few cities. Is there anything that has been accepted by the playerbase as being a "bad" crop, like a drug? I was thinking Toxic Tops, just because the name sounds like it gives you some kind of deadly high.

Thoughts?

2. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

I think the whole idea of having an illegal substance would be a good one. Would give factions on both sides of the moral spectrum to do, aswell as lead to some character development? But I don't think there's been an accepted drug yet no.

I throw in my vote for Toxic Tops though.

3. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

"Toxic Tops: 'cause who the hell needs Acid to trip."
    Yep. Fits perfectly.

4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Street slang for Toxic Tops:

Toppers
    Trixy
    Deep purple
    Bulb
    Double T

loldunno Im trying my best

If we were to establish some sorta 'illegal narcotics" on the server, we'll need to give them a reason for laws to be put in place against their usage.
    Usage of toxic tops could potentially cause irrational spurts of aggression, things like that

#4 Aiko Ikari, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  5. Aero

Aero New Member

Overdosage may include: *ded*

I like this idea. Might give me some people to treat from addiction, hehe.

6. Zach

Zach New Member

Theres alot of different types of drugs, artificial or natural. Not a bad idea, but. I recommend more than just one type of narcotic.

7. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

I don't think you really need permission or community input for this though, I imagine if a colony O.K.s it and people see you doing it they'd probably play along, xD, but I know this is more for just general discussion. It's been a long drawn out discussion already, lots of input if you type drug into the search engine. Check some of that stuff out, interesting ideas, hope this ends up the same!

8. Izzida

Izzida New Member

It's been suggested in Opportunity that crystal plant leaves, when dried properly, can be used as a drug. Generally through smoking so it'd probably be something similar to marijuana but seeing as it's a 'crystal plant' it could be worse then that. Or even just more hallucinogenic since I doubt all o the pot ever died with opportunity and it's gotta be still out there.

9. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

>_> RA only likes drug dealers who pay their taxes >: (

But yis, drugs is good :D

10. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Aceness would approve of this. He likes his pizza topped with DRUGS. I mean what?

11. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

crushed, powderized and properly treated crystal plant leaves = cocaine. GG.

12. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

yo dawg hit me up with some of dat deep purple

13. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice to see Tacoburger is already in the swing of things... Both with the idea and the drugs.

14. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

I think the crystal of the crystal plants could be used to make crystal meth no ? And the Toxic top could be deadly if you eat an entire one and could give big halucinations with some liver problems if someone would conssume some daily.

Anyway just sharing my vision.

15. Izzida

Izzida New Member

I wonder what spores from those giant mushrooms would do to yo if you actively gathered a bunch of them? Super-shrooms?

16. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

We also don't /have/ to use IG plants and such, we can produce our own. Meth is like all chemicals, so having it grow potent naturally is strange.
    Cocaine however is actually harvested from leaves (coca plant) blah blah depth and stuff. The server equivalent to cocaine can easily be stated as harvested from crystal plant leaves.

Toxic tops, I imagine, are similar to Psilocybin mushrooms. They'd also probably resemble very small berries, as the mean mafia is currently trying to shove down my throat. I have no idea how they're supposed to act as anti anxiety medication shame on you!

Now, I can't think of something to take the role of canabis. We need it so we can get with the xXNoScope360xXSmokeWeedErryday_420 #blazeit.

17. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Those would be Agaran spores. They are more likely to kill you after a single dose if you tried taking them. Such is the cause of the spore outbreak on Alioth Prime, as well as the Spurgle Florans.

18. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Right, that thing. Forgot about that. Also like I said a bit ago it's not like all marijuana plants died when earth did. I bet people were cultivating that stuff in space by now. I'm sure pot is still out there, same as it was. Maybe better. Who knows. I figured toxic tops would be more like acid then shrooms though they're both hallucinogenic so...*shrugs*

19. Izzida

Izzida New Member

I read your thread but Reefpods are also a common thing used in food? A lot of the IG recipes call for it and there's even some kind of wine made from it. Is this a slightly different strain or something?