1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Private Ideas and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Talekas QRF' started by EyesofMarch, May 9, 2016.

1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

[​IMG]
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Staff Members,
    If you have any ideas or suggestions for the Talekas QRF ranging from operational perimeters to uniforms, equipment, or on-base equipment and facilities, please post them below.

- Lieutenant McKinley

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

A loadout lighter than the standard foot-soldier gear we trained with. In particular, a lighter-duty vest and a smaller version of the rifle would be preferable for scout units.

-Recruit Downsilk

3. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

While we currently don't have the funds to purchase any other primary service weapon Corporal Downsilk, I was under the impression those duty vests were rather light and mobile. They're based off combat vests from, from my perspective anyway, U.S. Army and Marine Corps non-powered combat vests. I urge you to find a way to make it work as it is.

However, I will look into lighter gear sets that we can purchase once we have a steady income for company operations.

- Lieutenant McKinley

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Shouldn't be a problem ma'am.
    I'll make it work.

-D

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I'd like to point out that image and advertisement is important for the growth of any organization that's looking to spread itself. I'd like to recommend jackets we could wear off-duty with name tapes, rank tapes, and a patch on the shoulder with the TQRF logo (perhaps with a shield backing), with a rank patch on the opposite shoulder.

-Cpl Downsilk

6. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Probably a good idea, I like your thinking. Once we make a move on Brakken and get those pumps working, I'll put in an order immediately. Throw me any ideas for these jackets if you have them.

- Lt. McKinley

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Midnight Blue, light blue accents. fleece microfiber. Something lightweight but comfortable, suitable for all environments. Inside pockets for documents, maybe.

-KD

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Ma'am, I'd like to suggest ballistic shields and shotguns. I feel that a shotgun may be more appropriate in some situations where round penetration is an issue, such as in the middle of a city where there's the threat of collateral damage to civilians hiding behind weak cover. I've tried a few different round types, and I think an 8-gauge would be most appropriate, as the pellets are large enough to stop most sapients in their tracks, whether or not they're wearing armor. Though the pellets may not be stopped by light cover like thin wood or crates, unlike our rifle rounds, there's no chance the pellets will pass through a brick wall and into an innocent's house. Also taken into consideration is that breaching rounds and explosive shells can be chambered and fired to damage hard targets such as doors and armored vehicles.

9. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Fantastic idea, Sergeant. I'll look for a distributor immediately. Ballistic shields might be a tad more difficult to come across, but I should be able to scrounge up a few.

- Lieutenant McKinley

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I'd like to see some sort of personnel-size distress beacon issued to all personnel. Something small and easy to covertly activate, perhaps something small enough to fit in a shoe, a glove, a hidden pocket in a sleeve, under the tongue, et cetera.

Specifically speaking:
    It should be small, no larger than a 25-pix chit.
    It should only have one frequency, which links up to the TQRF emergency band.
    It should be easily activated through a two-step process so as not to cause any false alarms.

I'll write up a list of frequencies and transmit strengths if you choose to accept this order.

-Sgt Downsilk

#10 Ziggy, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
  11. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Shotguns, Ballistic Shields and Transponders. Orders have been placed. Thank you Sergeant.

- Lieutenant McKinley