1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

IBC Nightly News - Katune Shaken?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by DeltaV, May 5, 2015.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

[​IMG]
    It's everyone's favorite reporter, sitting at his desk with a coffee in hand. He takes a sip, then directs a solemn frown at the camera.

"Good evening, morning or afternoon, Antares. I'm Brian Davis, here to bring you another segment of IBC Nightly News. Tonight's topic focuses once more on recent events on the turbulent colony of Katune. Although many details still have yet to come to light, the settlement was today thrown once more into disarray.'

First-person camera footage, though shaky, shows as the robot M-4X tampers with the Katune teleporter before punching a member of security and beaming off. A stun gun is fired shortly afterwards, hitting a bystander.

"As you can see, our humble reporter today stumbled into a scene of confusion, as the colony owner, the robot 'Max', seemed to sabotage his own teleporter before assaulting a member of his own security force and fleeing the scene. From witnesses on-location, our reporter was able to learn that Max had been suicidal in the events leading up to this flight, reportedly holding a firearm to his head before exiting the colony.

"This news comes in the wake of serious allegations being tossed towards the government and security of Katune, with many claiming that the security forces have been torturing criminals and disposing of bodies found without an official investigation or due process. Some of the grislier accusations even involve the consumption of victims found dead by Florans on the scene. Was there some nugget of truth in these allegations that pushed the colony's owner to the brink of suicide? IBC news will keep you posted.

"We also managed to speak with several key witnesses on the scene."

"Bottom line is, Max is a tyrant and [nobody] should return to Katune," stated a (presumably former) employee of the colony, who has spent several months working closely with the settlement's leadership.

"[I ] just wanted to do good," said a member of Katune security when pressed for statement.

"How will this affect the colony? Will we see a collapse of government, or a change in leadership? Only time will tell. Until then, this has been IBC Nightly News. Have a good evening, and I'll see you next week."

**THIS BROADCAST SPONSORED BY THE INTERPLANETARY BROADCASTING COMPANY. ALL ABOVE INFORMATION IS COPYRIGHTED AND MAY NOT BE REPRINTED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT BY THE PUBLISHER.**​

#1 DeltaV, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

A house of cards can be an impressive sight, standing tall and proud among the awestruck onlookers. Upon closer inspection however, one sees the house is paper thin, and is foundation is formed on the backs of knaves. It takes little more than a strong breeze to knock it all down, and I fear a storm is coming. Those who wish to weather it would be wise to take shelter elsewhere.

- Harbinger

3. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

oh well

grounded 4 lyfe
    --Harrierthebird357

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

And people wonder why I don't often go places..
    ~Cateth

5. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

On the bright side business is booming over at the clinic.
    -Reed

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ This does not provide any more redemption for Katune. The leader of a colony assaulting his own staff before running off. Such shame. All on top of the Katune Security issue with Hakachi'Nija as head security. I sense a connection there. I only hope that I am truly wrong.

7. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

USERNAME: Hakachi'Nija

Hakachi is doing the best Hakachi can for the colony that is Hakachi's home. Step up, help out, or back off.

8. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Hah, funny coming from the person helping Max torture innocent people.
    Heartbeat

9. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Hakachi did no such thing. Even better you know Max did to prevent bomb from killing peple. Avian was far from innocent.

10. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

That AVIAN was one of my people. And you tortured him and gained what? Nothing. It was gratuitous, and it should be looked on as an act of aggression against all Grounded. Some security force, dragging your colony ever closer to war. If you are doing your best, I hate to see what it looks like when you don't try.

-Alo

11. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Okay Alo. If Hakachi said hakachi had a bomb and put it in ALOS home and Hakachi said Hakachi would never give away information. What would Alo do?