1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

IBC Nightly News, Council Space Edition

Discussion in 'Archives' started by DeltaV, Oct 10, 2015.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

[​IMG]
    That's right, Antares Council Space, it's that time once more! Everyone's favorite investigative reporter nods to the camera, takes a long sip of coffee and flashes his imaginary audience a winning smile.

"Good evening, Council Space. My name is Brian Davis, and you're watching IBC Nightly News. In this edition, your humble reporter takes a trip to the city of Olympus."

The broadcast cuts to what appears to be a first-person view of a man walking through the colony, while narration occurs in voice-over.

"Olympus is a frontier city, founded and inhabited in large part by refugees from the Antares sector. With its thriving commercial district, towering high-rises and magnificent beaches, many have been attracted here by the promise of a new, and comfortable, life."

"What can you tell me about the colony?" the man behind the camera asks an Avian inhabitant of the city.

"Olympus started as a refugee camp run by Triton Enterprises. Soon money poured in from the megacorp and the island was transformed from a beach paradise to an . . . urban sprawl, almost overnight. Olympus is a good place to find work, even if the TSS enforcers are . . . 'rough around the edges' and a little . . . lacking in the training department."

The camera cuts now to a man standing behind the counter of a firearms store, who has presumably been asked the same question.

"The city is great, really. Sure, there are cameras, but it's for our own safety -- as long as they don't put any in my apartment. The city and the people who live here are great, and the people who run this place listen to the citizens and patrons."

"Indeed," speaks our intrepid reporter once more, as the camera cuts back to his desk, "residents and visitors to the city have little but praise for Olympus. But it is still a frontier town, despite the high-rises and beach bars, and it still lacks a number of essential services that are necessary if we are to see the establishment of a true metropolis."

"What about a fire department?" the man behind the camera asks a Novakid. "A legislative system? A judiciary? Schooling? Do you believe that the city has grown enough that any of these might be feasible for it to have?"

"Olympus is still a city in development, I can tell you that. In the future, there will probably be all of those things."

"And perhaps the future will bring them. For now, though, there are still many obstacles that must be overcome if Olympus wants to evolve from a refuge into a true haven for its people. I'm Brian Davis, and this has been IBC Nightly News, Council Space Edition. Have a good evening, folks."

2. Yotan

Yotan New Member

*Audio to Text from Fernpetal*

Me not normally care newssss but after all that isss happened you cover Olympusss? Not that fact that Antare sssector had to be abandon due to tentecle monssstersss, or fact that the most dangeroussss glitch in Antare isss dead. Maybe newssss that Ssstab Dancer isss no longer around and that the tribe now taken over by her daughter. Look me may not be the sssmartessst floran when it comesss to newsss and currect eventsss but me not like the IBC much. They never report on anything good.

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

We here at IBC are firm believers in the idea that all of the news of the last five months cannot be adequately covered in a single broadcast. Never fear, loyal fan, because you should expect all that and more to be covered soon enough.

4. Yotan

Yotan New Member

*Audio to text from Fernpetal*

How come it take you five monthssss to have new ssstoriesss?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

((because he's been OOCly gone for several months

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

[I know]

7. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

I'd love to read more of these. I was an avid news reader back home, and it kinda sucks not knowing what's going on.

- Sarah McKinley