1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I need of opinion on Jackton.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Orenten, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Orenten

Orenten New Member

I'll make this short, sweet and painless :p

To frame it, Jackton was created and never raised, thus he was never taught any morals or ideals. With this in mind, and him being in his active mid/late twenties and looking for companionship, I'm faced with a problem...

He has not moral, and he was never taught really anything religious or ethnic. So I know I want him to be able to like ALL races and have a fair chance with any species for a relationship...

But, should I make him Bi?...

I'm a realistic rper, and this is a real pickle for me. I hold nothing against homosexuality, and really stand no where in religion, but I'm still baffled on what to do at this point...

So, religious view, homophobia, and morals aside, what do you think Jackton should do?
    Please leave some details on why you think what you think, It'll help me out alot ^^; all are welcome to post.

2. Corvus

Corvus New Member

He's whatever he is.
    Sexuality should be inherent. If you want to make him bi, that's fine. In fact, we need more MxM in this server.
    Religion, life should be shaped by experiences.

3. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

[​IMG]

4. Corvus

Corvus New Member

WAIT IT WASN'T ME WAS IT
    UGU
    AND LIKE HALF THE SERVER LIKED THAT POST
    I CAN NEVER SHOW MY FACE AGAIN IF THAT WAS TOWARD ME.
    UGU.
    Yes, Twitch and Mugwump are half the server.

5. Venom

Venom New Member

6. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

RP = Roleplaying
    ERP = Erotic Roleplaying

you sure you're in the right place son?

Edit: Be a person, not a sexuality. It really should just come up organically, there's no reason to decide before hand. Let your character develop on their own. Plus, I don't see what morals and ethics have to do with sexuality.

7. Sen

Sen Guest

erp = elite role playing

thats what this clan on warcraft 3 were determined to tell me

8. Orenten

Orenten New Member

Yes, I am. Sexuality is nothing like Erotic Rp... Simply, I'm in a pickle with my rp, and whom he should like. I came to the public to ask for opinions ^^ Nothing Erotic, it's just opinions on what people think his preferences should be ^^

9. Venom

Venom New Member

Do what you're comfortable with. Fuck what we think.

10. Orenten

Orenten New Member

I'm interested in the responses... And that's why I made this post, I don't know what to think XD I WAS thinking of making him just gay, but I figured that would not fit the profile to well...
    Again, I came to you beautiful people for opinions, so let 'em rip o3o

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Nuh uh, I won't fall for your ruse cruise!

12. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

[​IMG]

13. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Just weighing in quickly here.

I've avoided speaking on this topic because there is a very dangerous assumption in the premising that requires careful attention to properly deconstruct. Essentially, from what I understand of what you have written, you have created a character free from the social constructs of the racial tensions written into Starbound so that you may have a fair chance of allowing your character to, without prejudice, interact with others. That part is good.

Whether or not he should be bisexual, however, with the premise that you are deciding this based on his lack of social conditioning, implies that sexual orientation is, in its natural state, tied to social conventions and/or consensus. It implies that sexual orientatoin is created by society rather than possessed inherently by the individual. This is dangerous thinking for one very simple reason:

Sexual orientation is not a moral choice. It is not a choice at all. How your character was raised does not determine his sexual orientation--only what he assumes it must be. Sexual orientation and who we end up attracted to on a physical scale? We are born with that.

With that in mind, having divorced morality from sexual orientation, I must conclude what has already been stated in this thread in simpler terms:

Your character's sexual orientation can be anything you want it to be. For you, it -is- a choice. Pick one and don't use morality to justify it because, for Jackton, it was never a choice. He was born with it.

#14 Silver, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  14. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Kinda got off base there, the gender identity isn't the apparent issue. It's the character's sexuality, which can sometimes have know relation to gender.

And thus the nature vs nurture debate begins.

15. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Oh oops, you're right. This is what I get for writing from work. Edited for correctness.

#16 Silver, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014