1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I need help with some things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CadeEsh, Sep 30, 2015.

1. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread so I put it in general :p

I've been with the forums of the server for a few months and I have barely done any role playing. I'm sure I can find these easy enough but I'm kinda lazy, I'd like to join a colony and and probably an organization of some sort. I'd like to read the server's lore for the races.

My character I haven't decided much on yet, I want some action with him so he'll probably end up knowing how to use a gun. He'll probably be neutral good. The race I haven't decided on, I like the Avian but they may not match what I'm trying to do with this character.

If you can provide me with links to lore, or recruiting colonies/organizations that would be nice :)

2. TrashHound

3. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

I have an Idea for my character now. :p

Race: Avian
    Name: still thinking
    Background: Born in to poverty and war. Being able to run and hide was important as a child (hatch-ling?) due to the fact that soldiers would patrol the streets and kill who they could. He would hear neighbors screaming, and soon even his parents had been killed. The day his parents died he managed to find a hand gun on a soldier, the gun was silenced making it very helpful in his escape from the planet. Nearly a month after his parents had died a ship landed outside the rubble he called his home. Years of being quiet served him well as he waited for soldiers to pass, he ran for the ship as fast as he could and closed himself inside the ship. He knew being killed in here was a possibility, but lucky for him only the captain was left on the ship. He easily disposed of him and flew off in the ship.
    Skills: Quiet, fast, using guns

4. Raideck

Raideck Member

Your profile says you've been on the forums for only 25 days from September 5th.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443657134][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I don't mean to be a nag but uh.. what soldiers..? The conflict between Avians isn't what I call a "war" but more of a conflict in beliefs. Split between the Flightless and Grounded, the Grounded are banished and often ridiculed by the Flightless for their non-belief in the Avian god Kluex. However, beyond that there isn't really a war.

5. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

Ok, still haven't done any rp. Your point is?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443657445][/DOUBLEPOST]

I posted this thread so people could help me out with my character and other things. Wouldn't call it nagging just helping. A little bit of extra lore on the race I want to be is always helpful.

#5 CadeEsh, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  6. Raideck

Raideck Member

Well yeah. Just read the lore of the Avians. It's the most completed lore out of all the races by far.

7. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

So instead of war, maybe my parents were grounded, and when I was born the planet I was on was being raided by the Kluex worshipers? Might not work because I guess the grounded blend in with colonies full of different races. Maybe it was a planet of Grounded that tried to start a colony of their own.

#7 CadeEsh, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  8. Raideck

Raideck Member

Possibly, some Kluex worshippers can be extremely radical but a lot of them like to either ridicule them or ignore them altogether.

9. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Frankly there are too many birbs on this server right now. There are hardly any apex, novakid, hyltol, even glitches.

10. Raideck

Raideck Member

I feel that's because their "lore" is extremely lacking compared to Avian Floran and of course the safe bet Human.

11. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

That's not really true though is it because I'm willing to bet about 20% of people who play avians have actually read the lore. Also, with a bit of imagination and intuition, there's plenty of lore to work off for the other races (some more than others, but theres enough). I'm having a lot of fun developing my hylotl.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I'd say that percentage is a little bit higher. There's a few educated souls wandering around.

praise Kluex

13. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

Novakid are neat too, i'll read up on them
    Yeah novakid sound fun to play, i'll try to make one of those.

#13 CadeEsh, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  14. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

You're probably right actually but you get what I'm saying. The lore being there isn't the primary reason there's so many Avians. Not that I have a problem with avians, it'd just be nice to see some more diversity. I've not even seen another hylotl since coming back, for example.

Also sorry for hijacking your thread. Novakids are okay just make sure you RP one properly and don't do the whole 'YOU SHOOT ME ILL BLOW YOU UP SO DONT TRY IT' thing. I'm pretty sure server rules state that all races are fundamentally equal, so use that as a basis maybe?

15. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

[​IMG]

Anyway, yes, most of the time Flightless simply ignore or outcast the Grounded. The gameplay sets them up as these super evil guys, when in reality, they seem to be the most bro-like of all the races out there, excluding of course, boring humans.

16. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

I liked the sounds of the novakid because they are so forgetful, just seems fun to rp that.

17. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

They're not forgetful though.

18. CadeEsh

CadeEsh New Member

I liked the sounds of the novakid beecause they are so forgetful, just seems fun to rp that.
    "their attention spans are lacking" I guess instead of forgetful this was more of what I was going at. Just kinda reminds me of myself.

What kind of names to Novakid have? :p

19. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I would imagine Old West

20. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Press the 'random name' button in game and have a look.