1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hylotl homeworld

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Toadkid1234, May 26, 2014.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I've been planning to start a storyline in which the Hylotl homeworld is retaken, to make a really really long story short. I'm looking for some Hylotl characters to join the cause (other sympathetic races are invited) along with a Floran to coordinate the storyline for the Floran side of things. Sorry this is so brief and leaves so many questions unanswered, but I have a lot planned for RP and a lot going on IRL right now. Anyone at all interested PM me. I know this sounds thrown together but like I said I've planned this for a few months and hopefully this will be a fascinating and interesting RP experience for all.

All input is appreciated. More information is pending.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

This sounds like a bad idea.

3. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I don't think the idea would work, ever. Mostly because, its better to leave things like "home worlds", the thriving planet wide and /amazing/ metropolises, to the imagination. I don't think we'd ever be able to replicate the appearance of what would be the hylotl home world, and realistically, I feel their home world would be /far far far far far far/ away from our little Antares sector.

As would the "now deceased" Sol system.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Do not jump to conclusions based off of the meager information I have provided. Realize that the homeworld has probably been destroyed by the Floran, and thus the 'sprawling metropolises' would be nonexistent. The colony which I planned on setting up should this take off would struggle to rebuild and repair the damage to the ecosystem and economy, as well as any unforeseen dangers (for example, residual Floran raids, seeded invasive species, etc). I know far too well the Utopias that have been proposed, and believe me this is not going to be one of those.

Like I said, I've thought this out. I would love to see this happen but I can't do this myself. If the 'forget it' messages keep coming I'll shut up and forget it. As I said many times, I have planned this. I'm not running in blindly, and I acknowledge that I need popular support in order to do this.

As said, any input is appreciated. Chief Toadkid has spoken.

5. Sen

Sen Guest

Many points:

1). We don't know the name of the Hylotl homeworld. We don't even know what it looks like.
    2). We don't know the state of the Hylotl homeworld. Are the Florans still there? Has something else happened to it? Is there active fighting on it? Has Greenfinger, renown for biology and exploiting biology, made it permanently uninhabitable for non-Florans through the use of biological weapons?
    3). We don't know if the Florans attacked the Hylotl homeworld, if the Florans lead by Greenfinger attacked the Hylotl homeworld, or the Florans lead by Greenfinger on behalf of the Circle of Thorns attacked the Hylotl homeworld.
    4). You're not winning against Greenfinger.

6. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Doing something like this would be equivalent to trying to retake any of the racial homeworlds. Sen's points make for a fairly accurate reason of why this won't happen. It's far too broad.

7. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

No thank you. Please leave lore locations alone.

8. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Wouldn't the hylotl homeworld be, uh, underwater? Since they're sentient fish-people?

We don't have ocean planets yet, yo.

9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Even if we did, though, lore planets are off-limits as a whole.

10. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I know, I'm just stating that it's sorta impossible to even consider at this point in time. Only way would be to, like... completely terraform a planet or something.

And artificially placing that much water would probably crash the server. Ick.

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Well, it's clear the answer is a resounding "NO", so forget it then. I cant say I'm not disappointed but you all brought up points I had not quite considered. Thank you for enlightening me, hopefully I will be able to figure out something less tedious and lore sensitive to do. Back to the Armada I suppose.

Thanks again everyone!

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

On a side note, welcome back.

13. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Maybe you should do something a little less big, like some sorta Hylotl colony?

#13 techno_spider, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Thats what I was thinking as well, but for now, there are a ton of colonies and factions and I think adding another would be to do the community a disservice. Maybe later I'll do something but right now there's plenty of engineering Mr Beluga has to do in RA. Thanks for the idea though, maybe if the colony count dies down a bit I'll give it a shot.