1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hylotl Development

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cynthio, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

There's been so much done for the Florans, Apex, Glitch, Humans etc. They've even promised to work towards more "avian weaponry" in the future patch, but what about the Hylotl? All there is yet is furniture, no cities, weapons, proper npcs. I wish they developed them more from the start like they did the others, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot playing a Hylotl. ;^;

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Imagine how the novakid players feel.

But I think the mainr eason they are avoiding the Hylotl is cause they haven't uite figured out water mechanics yet. Just look at the drain item! Hard to do an underwater city when it'll flood everytime you enter.

3. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

The whole point of nova kids though is that they get added later on. Hylotl were there from the start and they still don't even feel "completed" yet so to speak to me.

4. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Reason for novakid delay=what does a being that can fly through space fly? A giant train ship maybe.

But that's all I can offer. The assets for the things exist, you can actually activate ocean worlds and whatnot through file manipulation. But it fucks up your game.

5. Leif Reverie

Leif Reverie New Member

Actually, Novakid was a reward for reaching a funding goal. It's not delayed. it's being withheld until stage 3 of beta just like they said from the start. We are currently in stage one, so they might be almost a year away.

6. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Oh, didn't realize it was to be released at a specified date. I thought they were just releasing it when it was finished. Thanks for the info!