1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Humanitarian Aid style faction.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Boundless, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Hiya! Since the wipe, everyone's trying out new things and such, and I'd figure I should hop on that bandwagon. So lemme tell you a secret about something I found on the server, but you gotta promise not to tell anyone else. Got it? Good. Here's the secret.

Military style factions, along with paramilitary security forces are overdone on the server.

Shocking I know! But you know what I haven't seen on the server? A peacekeeping style faction. Not like, intervening with every little matter that happens in the universe. One that provides aid wherever it can. Food and resources. You can think of it as a intergalactic food shelter. That's not the only thing they provide however, they also provide medical aid, check-ups (as if anyone gets those), vaccinations (as if anyone gets those) and emergency care.

However it isn't without teeth, because sadly violence is sometimes needed to defend itself or others. That doesn't mean it'd be a group of billy badasses shooting first and asking questions later. Lethal force would be a last resort, as it should be with anyone who isn't a Floran.

Lastly, there will be entry requirements IC and OOC, if you're characters are known to often resort to force, you will be denied. If you are known to powergame/meta, you will be denied. I don't want the faction to turn into something that's hated across the server.

Sorry if my writing was atrocious, I'm still in waking up mode. Any questions/comments? Please comment below! Seriously, comment, I like having criticisms and suggestions.

2. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I think this is a good idea! To have a Red Cross/Medecine Sans Frontieres/ADRA style of faction sounds like something interesting that would probably see a lot of RP too!

Can't say I'd join but it's definitely something people should look into.

3. Metts

Metts New Member

I would most definitely have my character join this.

4. Boundless

Boundless New Member

That's great! I'm waiting til the lore update hits to post an IC advertisement.

5. Metts

Metts New Member

Makes sense.