1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

How would we react...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OminousMushroom, Apr 22, 2015.

1. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

... If we were to discover life outside of Earth?

How would you react if this life is in the form of microorganisms that have yet to evolve into sentient creatures?

How would you react if this life was in the form of sentient creatures, such as dogs, cats, and dolphins?

How would you react if this life was in the form of sapient beings that have yet to advance into our current level of knowledge?

What if they exceeded our level of knowledge? What if they discovered us first and sent us the first outer-world message to let us know they exist?

I'm bored in class and I want something interesting to talk about.

We act like the concept of alien races is such a normal thing in an setting such as Starbound roleplay, but how would you react, as yourself, if we were to discover alien life in the real world?

also no im not high

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I would go on wonderous adventures with my animal companion, solving mysteries.

3. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I'd be like 'neat I hope we win the resource war against it' because it'll already be happening by that point.

4. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

If life discovered was in the form of anthropomorphic felines, I would set out on a search for one that resembles Krystal from Dinosaur Planet (not star fox one)
    She'd be a rad companion to explore spess with. If said anthropomorphic feline race doesn't match human intelligence, I'd teach her everything I know, and perhaps she can go off and teach her people what she has learnt.
    Gotta keep the human race's rep up before everyone points their not-moons-but-space-stations-with-lasers at us.

5. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Uuuuh, I don't fucking know.

Also yes you are.

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Buy them a beer!

7. Solour

Solour a dad

i fug it

8. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Ask them if I could use their radio, and ask "Where is everybody?"

9. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I would segregate from them, in all honesty. If they decided to somehow alliance with Earth and live on the planet as well for, say, some of it's natural resources, I wouldn't trust them one bit.

If we're talking about ayylmaos, however, I'd BANANA OF ANTI-ANTI-HOLY.

10. Narfball

Narfball narfball

ftfy

11. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

+1 Like

I would probably have radically different views which changed over time. I'd be incredibly excited the whole time, but there would be a fear there, rational or not, and I would probably be so uninformed about the whole situation that I'd flip between incredible distrust and adoration, since it'd be hard to know what to think in a situation like that.

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

13. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

grand theft spaceship

14. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I would probably stop caring about my religion and morality then turn into a mentally unstable sex addict who eventually goes into a deep depression and ends up killing himself because there is no reason to live nor anything to live for because you'll die no matter what you do. That or be a space adventurer saving hot alien chicks with big titties.

15. Ripley

Ripley New Member

Hmm.... How do you really feel?

16. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

Are you... a Russian Duke Nukem?

17. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Right now I'm feeling peppy, but a little stressed out with so much work. Honestly I have 100% confidence in what I believe in, and I would give my life for what I believe, but I guess having all of that being taken from you and then having to realize that your whole life was a lie would be pretty shocking if you ask me. But knowing me there's a 50/50 chance between turning into the suicidal sex addict or the most badass and sexiest pseudo russian Mr. Man out there.
    Сука Блять, I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT!

[Edit]
    Pic related
    [​IMG]

#17 Shag, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  18. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I would not be surprised if we found life, particularly in the form of single celled organisms. It would confirm our theories of abiogenesis, and cause quite a lot of uproar in churches, I am thinking.

Finding sentient life would be another step up, naturally. That would certainly be fascinating, yet to be expected nonetheless after single-celled organisms.

Finding an 'ayylmao' alien would be so revolutionary I don't even know. I would be extremely excited if I learned that humanity had come in contact with other sapient beings. What would, of course, have most control over how I felt would be their intentions. Are they driven by morality, and would they sympathize with us, or would they be conquerors? One would bring a revolution in almost every aspect of life. The other could end it.

I could go on for ever about aliens and space and science and everything in between. My desire to know whether we are truly alone is one of the driving forces of my education and my life. It's not likely that I will learn in my lifetime, however, one can dream, and it would be enough to know that I was able to push us one step closer to putting human boots on another planet, sending humans to another star, to meet our first neighbors, and to uncover the mysteries of the cosmos.

Back to calculus homework I go!

19. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

let us hope they are not spess muricans

20. Solour

Solour a dad

i get the feeling nobody else would fug ayyliens