1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

How to choose a new admin?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaximumRose, Mar 22, 2017.

?

How do we pick one?

1. A democratic decision based on their written stance and their community presence.

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. A democratic decision based ONLY on their written stance (Anonymous runners)

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Let the admins choose as usual, though that might take a while.

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. MaximumRose

MaximumRose Member

So, we're low on staff again, how do we become less low on staff when we don't have enough staff to choose new staff? Let's ask the community!

Read all the options before you cast your vote!

2. Edward_Norton

Edward_Norton New Member

I disagree with all of these ideas.

3. MaximumRose

MaximumRose Member

If you put forward another then we can add it. Otherwise saying you disagree is a little useless.

4. Edward_Norton

Edward_Norton New Member

Only the best of blood can rule over Antares.

5. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Anonymous Running is an issue. Character matters, not just how well you can write a speech. I can write damn good speeches and do amazing presentations, but actually being able to perform well in a moderating role? I'm jack shit. Tacoburger knows that, others know that. However, if I ran anonymously, they wouldn't.

Also, if I ran anonymously, people wouldn't know I was a furry, which can turn certain people off the concept of voting for me. (Even though all the previous Admins were furries.)

While for others who are talking of running; John has depression, Mary Sue has no experience in moderating, etc. people will change their voting based on the character of the person running. Anonymous Elections are a recipe for disaster while the other two options are okay, in my opinion.

#5 Doctor Frohman, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I voted. ;)