1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

How ABC file?

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Teshak, May 21, 2015.

1. Teshak

Teshak New Member

Gooooodddd evening/morning/ afternoon.

I was wondering. I love classical music. One of my all time favorite pieces is Tartini's-Devil's Trill. Yet as good as it is, I can't find an abc file of it. Would anyone know where it could be? Or maybe someone can make one! That's something I'll get behind immediately!

Do tell if you've found/made/would make a file of it!

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

ABC files can be translated from .Midi files. But the translation doesn't always go well. Often the files have to be cleaned up by hand or written by hand (which can require some musical know-how. It's a pain.

3. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Out of curiosity, what is needed to translate a midi into an ABC?

4. Kuromimi

Kuromimi New Member

Starbound Composer does this easily. It has an import Midi function, which will compose midi files in ABC. All you have to do is save the product and move them over.

Although I suggest you play around with Starbound composer. Most Midi comes with separate music parts, which I like to combine into around 1-2 parts depending on the piece.

I know how to clean up files slightly, but as stated before from Felonious, it truly is a pain.