1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hope -- Grand Expedition #1

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Jetniss, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Hope has pooled together enough resources and manpwer to dispatch the Scout regiment and the Miners coalition on a joint mission to find and secure vital new locations of a particular significance. The wording is vague intentionally, as significance is to be determined by leaders of Expeditionary Parties. The council has decided to aggressively pursue expansion for the sake of constructing a livable environment that will stand as the Headquarters, the foothold, and a fortress that will one day support the OHF, a budding new faction. These expeditions are often lead by Sean McAnthony, Jetniss Nerai, and by honorable mention Darnah, the Avian. These missions have been code named "Grand Expedition" for morale's sake and to signify the significance of these missions. A lot is riding on the successful completion of each task.

Missions on Hope will be lead by any of the three aforementioned persons, primarily Sean McAnthony. Missions abroad will primarily be lead by Jetniss Nerai.

GE-01
    The first official expedition is lead by none other than Jetniss Nerai-- one of four newly crowned heroes in the settlement, and advised by James Bowdry-- the head researcher and geologist of the settlement. He is taking a team deep under the surface layer of ice on the planet where high concentration of metallic substances can be detected, as well as irregular shapes. Data suggests that the caverns below the ice are massive, sprawling, and dangerous-- but hints to signs of another civilization having once been on the planet.

What to Expect
    A bit of slow pace travel/exploration RP. Natural perils from traversing unexplored frosted caverns. Event based animal/beast attacks, and once the "end" location is found a run in with some wild/savage humanoid enemies.

The Goal
    Recover whatever treasures possible from this sprawling underground (which is a lot of stone tombs and such and plant matter. Hints to either Avian or Floran tombs that have been abandoned. Humanoids to be encountered are either going to be shadow people or some kind of Ice People who have been living underground), and to secure mining locations for Hope's use to increase the accumulation of resources for future projects. This event, along with several others will ultimately lead to advancements in Hope's building plans.

Interest
    Okay, so if this sounds cool to you, please note your interest in this thread!
    This is a pretty Hope-Centric event, so I'd appreciate Hope Players or players with access to Hope to post here(some of them have already expressed interest in game).

For those of you not with Hope, but interested, fret not, we could use players to play some of the threats in the event! (And your participation will not be forgotten!)
    We could also use extras for Hope itself! (Which could become new Hope characters for you too! Wooo!)

#1 Jetniss, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I would LOVE to be the threats in this. Shadow people, woo!
    In all fairness though, I would like to be the event monsters or things.

3. Lyrith

Lyrith New Member

Sounds fun, would we see any backstory about the "shadow people" durring the event? Im interested.

4. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

If it's ok, I think Jason Ferrara should get back in with the crew!

5. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Jason can get involved, and not just yet Lyrith. But this event can lead to an event chain that will explore our "shadow" or "ice" people and create a small bit of story for the planet itself. ((Granted Admins approve it))

Since most people on the forum don't seem too interested I'm going to discuss availability with Corey, Leo, and the others in game. If you guys give me your availability here on the forum it'll make things go much more smoothly, and then I can start setting up the story/event posts.

6. JohnShadow

I'm pretty available around 3:00PM to 8:00PM (EST) on a usual day, and longer on the weekends.
    Also, Jet, are you one right now? B/C I wanna get Jason over there

7. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'd be perfectly happy as one of the threats or an extra. I'm around 4:30-7:00-ish EST mon-thu, and my schedule is just about clear from friday through next monday.

8. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I'm probably going to get excluded from this as per the usual because I'm GMT. Which sucks for me.
    But I can be on 12:00 to 15:30 on EST, but usually 10:00 to 16:00 on weekends EST.

9. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

The event is currently scheduled for 5PM (17:00) EST this saturday, January 12th.
    There will be an early start of 3PM (15:00) EST

I'm sorry to hear that Lyro, if you're really interested I can work something out with some early RP that can set the scene for the expedition.
    I have a few ideas in mind that can make the event much more interesting and which will allow you to RP and have an after on the way things turns out later.

@John
    I'll be on tomorrow night-- wednesday, if not then we can RP thursday?

@Delta
    Thanks man! We'll talk.

@All
    Expect a Story/Event post by friday!

10. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Thanks for still trying to include me. If you can work something out I'd love to, it's just that being an Englandfag pretty much destroys whatever hope I usually have of joining in events, because, hey, North America dominates.

11. JohnShadow

I may be able to do that @Jetniss, but I will have church from 6:30-8:00 EST (on Wednesday)

12. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

@JohnShadow
    We'll have to schedule an RP time. The forum going down has thrown me off.

I'll be making the event topic shortly.

13. JohnShadow

Can I have some coords?

14. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I-I still wanna ;~;