1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hello, this is noob.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BalrogTheGreat, Jun 8, 2015.

1. BalrogTheGreat

BalrogTheGreat New Member

Hmm, I got into Starbound after a while of not playing... decided to sign up for a ROLEPLAY server of course!
    This community seems pretty rad, by the way...
    Also, are we allowed to use new characters on the server, like, just made? Or is every planet for lightyears around spawn mined out of existence with no hope for core fragments? Just asking in advance so I can figure out what kind of character I should bring.. thanks in advance for answers / welcomes.

2. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Welcome!

I'd play with your character a bit in your offline game just to get ahold of the basics or pick up one of the approved mods to move you along faster. There are no creatures spawned on the server so there are a few things you don't find easily such as leather. ^_^

3. Tallen

Tallen New Member

New people?

1414511429849.gif

Welcome to the server!

4. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

With this being a roleplay server, you don't have to do the single player quest-line. There are approved mods that can be installed onto the game to skip the quests. New characters can and should be made for the server to avoid single player confusion. All of our characters were new to Antares at some point!

Basically, with this being a roleplay server, you just create your own character in a sci-fi setting. Whether they be a space-miner, mercenary, bartender, dancer, whatever. The world is your oyster. It'll take awhile to get used to roleplay itself with the whole avoiding powergaming, metagaming, and doing emotes correctly, and such. It all gets easier though.

Welcome though! Should you have any questions or need any help, feel free to message me.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Yes, hello there~! It's great to see new faces around. I look forward to hearing of your characters' journeys in Antares. You should consider (though it's not required) writing your characters' thoughts in journals to practice playing them.

6. Solour

Solour a dad

mexyou
    otp