1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hello! I was hoping to hear suggestions for characters as well as introduce myself. :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ricardo, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

My name is Ricky and I'm looking forward to joining this server in RP! I originally submitted a human character who was kind of a big douche/comedic until I read through the forums and learned there was a surplus of that. What I really want to do is help add some variety here!
    What races are most commonly used? Least commonly used? What sort of personas are most/least commonly used? I imagine there are more male than female characters, am I right in saying so? Anything else you could suggest? I've been roleplaying for a very long time and would hate to look like the 1000 Deadpools at a convention. :p

2. Hour

Hour Dogu

That's funny, the only asshole mercs I can think of are my Attler, and the Scottish guy, I can't really place any others.
    Really, it's best to do whatever you want, but the fact that you're considering this to diversify the population makes me very happy you're with us. It seems like the most lacking race at the moment is avian, by the way.

Welcome to the server yo, may you have some good ol' fun.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

BE A HYLOTL.
    Okay truthfully from what I can tell, most characters are humans. BOO HISS ITS SCI FI LIVE A LITTLE
    Floran and glitch are next on the totem pole.
    Hylotl, Avian and Apex are probably our minorities. I havent done a demographic survey but this should be about it.

I recommend being an alien because its interesting to immerse yourself into a different culture and see things from a different point of view. For example, if youre a Hylotl stereotypically you would look down on and criticize most violence and hate Floran with a passion, or you could go against that cultural norm. Or you could be an apex, being hyperintelligent and possibly have a superiority complex.

Its obviously entirely up to you. We arent really lacking in any sort of character, but I recommend trying something new or outside your comfort zone. LIKE A HYLOTL :p

EDIT: Oh, welcome to the server and stuff!

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Avian?
    Psssssh...
    The most common races are Human and Avian, and I think there are almost as many Avians as humans.
    There's literally, like, four Apex players.

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Humans->Florans->Glitches->Avians->Hylotls->Apex
    I guess.
    Hey dude! Join Outcasts it's fun!

6. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

BE FLORAN FLORAN MASSSTER RACCCE FLORAN ISSS BESSST RACCCE DONT LISSSTEN TO ANYONE ELSSSE BE FLORAN FLORAN/10

7. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

Awesome! Thank you for all the input, guys! :D

8. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Play whatever makes you happy, so long as it doesn't come at the expense of someone else's happiness.

9. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I always try to think of each character's backstory before deciding which to play. The first backstory I can easily build off of for the mood I want to set is the one I choose.