1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hello fellow humanoids!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Candelaio, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Candelaio

Candelaio New Member

Hey everyone, I'm new here to the community. I joined for the roleplay but I hope to stay for the people. I am a long time roleplayer from a game called Space Station 13 to DnD and, gotta say one of my favorites, Dark Heresy. I don't know if you can guess by the choices of game but I am kind of a SciFi roleplay nut, can't get enough of it!

See you all around!

~Candelaio

As an afterthought after looking through some posts I have a few questions if anyone is up with discussing it.

#1 Candelaio, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Heyo, welcome to the community. I've played a bit of SS13 myself, but never really done any DnD or tabletops. And if you've got questions, feel free to ask away.

3. TrashHound

Welcome to the family bud!

You got questions? We got answers! And occasionally they're right, too!

4. Candelaio

Candelaio New Member

So, the servers/communities/ whatsitcalleds I have been on have had almost all events run strictly by admins or have had to had an admin included somewhere in it, how are events handled on this server?

And a side note not relating to the question above, so it is neither to the side or a note commenting on that, so..... a note: Any idea what kinda materials are lore friendly for this server? I assume durasteel is a given but is there anything else cause from what I've seen its pretty much been just durasteel that people use in these starbound rp communities.

5. TrashHound

On Antares, roleplay and events are created by the community, not the staff. If you want to run an event, find a handful of players who seem interested, grab a few to help out, and go for it. If you're not sure about something, or want to see if something is ok to do, just run it by the staff real quick, that's all there really is too it.

Metals, uh... I don't know much about that, so I'll leave that to someone else to answer.

6. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Trash has the event part down pretty well. As for Starbound metals, durasteel is the only one that can be used/exists.

7. Candelaio

Candelaio New Member

Alright, thanks for the information and help but I think I got it down now, both a character idea and pretty much what's what.

8. Candelaio

Candelaio New Member

Wait. I should ask, does tungsten and titanium still count as they are real life metals, I just kinda assumed they did.

9. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Yeah, of course.

10. TrashHound

But iron isn't a thing. There's no iron in this world. Or plastic for that matter. You can also kiss trees goodbye while you're at it.

Have a nice stay!

#10 TrashHound, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2016
  11. Candelaio

Candelaio New Member

Darn. My precious dreams of pure wood armor and wood weapons with wood bullets is gone.